chapter 1

I was cleaning the attic all morning, looking for some of mom's old jewelry for an art project,dust scattered around and fell like snow in the sunlight in front of me as i dusted a couple of boxes off,"what on earth are you doing dear?" i looked behind my shoulder at mother,who stood at the top of the stairs with her arms crossed and a expression on her face that looked like she sucked a whole lemon dry,"for your jewelry mom,i need it for my multimedia piece." i opened one of the boxes and dug through the samples of various fabrics and all types of strings,"i thought you were working on a piece with Tobi?" i sighed and closed the box,"yeah but i really want to do one on my own just in case." i heard her heels hit the floor loudly as she walked,i heard the noise stop quickly. I got up and headed over to her,she stood there with a hand on her hip and the other holding one of the cabinet drawers open,"here,also Sean was on the phone asking for you,i told him that you were busy ransacking the house." i smiled and pulled out small bracelets and a gold chain,"thanks mom i'll call him later,why was he calling anyways?" something sparkled in the darkest corner of the room,whatever it was it reflected the light from the sunlight,i think,"i don't know but he was really nervous and said it was very important,well i'm going to go back and work on my report files from the other day." i chuckled,"exciting work huh,i didn't know how exciting it was working at a bank." i rolled my eyes and walked over to the shining object,i heard mom's heels again,"i know right." she said one last time. I bent down and reached for it,i raised it up and saw that it was a good size mirror,the glass was extremely dirty and the bottom of the handle was greenish and dark,i turned it around and there was a small symbol on the back of it and a small white diamond at the bottom of it,the symbol was in a weird cross shape and a eye in the middle of it,"weird." i said out aloud before going back down stairs to my bedroom.