Part 8 - Sarah, Meanwhile, Back at the Wrong Graveyard

"COME ON YOU NERDS OTHERWISE I'M LEAVING YOU HERE WITH THE KILLER BIRD"

I start up my old blue minivan waiting for my idiot friends to get their weenie little asses over here.

They pile into my car, tracking clods of library dirt in with them.

"Alright guys, to the cemetery behind the Greek Orthodox Church !" Lindsey says, trying to hide the terror in her voice.

"Um, no.. that crazy raven said to go the cemetery behind that old Catholic Church on Larke street." Maddie said matter-of-factly.

Reilly sighed loudly. "You're all stupid, he was talking about the Synagogue down by the old elementary school."

I pull out of the dark parking lot, getting more and more aggravated with their useless arguing.

"He literally just told us to go down by the old Mosque down by the old mansion!"

"Just tell me where to drive, dammit!"

"Go to that creepy cemetery down by that super-atheist guy's house."

I groan, pissed off by their ignorance, and pull out onto the dark road, the only light coming from my one not busted headlight. If we get lost and murdered in a dark alleyway it's their fault.

After twenty minutes of driving through the night, I pull up to the cemetery. The black metal fence glistens in the faint glow of my headlight.

The fog is dense and cool, leaving me shivering and damp. Christina and Ashley should be here soon, since they live right in the center of town and they can get anywhere in about ten minutes. I kick everyone out of my car, and lock it up.

"Should we look around?" Alex asks, observing the endless rows of gravestones.

Lindsey nods in agreement, and Alex looks apprehensively at Mia.

I roll my eyes at their teenage romantic drama, and walk up to the fence, scaling it up, and preparing to jump it. I climb up on the stone platform, jump over the fence, and land gracefully on my derriere.

I stand up, dust off my paint covered army jacket, and turn to the others.

"Well? Are you just going to ditch me here in a graveyard or are you going to get your pathetic little tushies over here?"

They clamber over the fence, one by one, until there's a cluster of teenagers standing on the grave of Nicolas Scott Silverman The Third.

We still don't have a flashlight, so we explore by the dim glow of the old street lamps. The graveyard seems to go on for miles. We start walking towards the main path when a voice startles me.

"Why are you here?"

I stop the group and they all look at me like I've just told them that my favorite band is Nickelback.

"Didn't you hear that? There's some demon following us!'

Alex gives me an unnecessary glare.

"Samantha, that was a cat. There's probably a hundred roaming around here."

I give him my best death glare.

"Last time I checked, cats don't speak English, and my name's Sarah you wet sock."

After a few minutes of arguing, it's pretty clear that I either speak cat, or I'm actually going crazy. We keep walking over the garden of corpses until I hear the voice again.

"Are you just going to leave me like everyone else did?'

The voice sounds like a young girl's, soft and gentle. If they didn't hear that, then either they're all as deaf as my grandpa or my mental stability has finally gone down the drain.