Chapter 20- Kicked Out

I started texting Brooke.

M- I'm in big trouble
B- same, I'm locked in the attic.
M- locked in the basement
B- I can't wait to tell my mum
M- tell your mum what
B- that they payed the judge to make Maddie and Paige win
M- oh yeah I forgot.
B- silly
M- Lol
B- Your a weirdo
M- I knew that
B- Paige is being annoying
M- yeah well I have Maddie the baby
B- True
M- Your the weird one
B- Shut Up

The basement door unlocked and I heard Maddie run down the basement stairs. She looked at me with her beady greedy eyes. Maddie was despicable. She was a baby. I hated her.

"Your cooking me dinner brat"she screamed stamping her foot like a 2 year old.

I rarely made dinner for mum and Maddie but it happened sometimes. I got up and turned off my phone.

"What do you want"I ask trying to be patient.

"Spaghetti bolognese"she screamed like a baby.

I walked upstairs towards the kitchen and turned on the stove. I cooked the pasta and made the mince and sauce. I'm a 9 year old girl cooking for a 12 year old and her mum.

I served it to her and went to go wash up all the pots and cutlery. I then remembered what happened at competition. I ran over to mum.

"Mum, I'm actually better then Maddie"I announce showing confidence.

"Keep dreaming"Maddie laughed. "I won"

"I saw mum pay the judge to get your duet and solo to win"I scream

"Mum is it true"Maddie screamed with tears running down her face.

"No Maddie"mum comforted.

"It is true"I scream.

Mum got up and picked me up by the neck. She slammed me down on the bench and grabbed a giant silver butchers knife. She slit it down my face leaving a scar down my cheek. She continued slicing my arms and legs.

Blood gushed out.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"I screamed panicking.

"Get out of my house brat, you are not living with us anymore"she screamed. I ran down to the basement to pack my bag.

I checked my phone. There was a message.

B- mums kicking me out

Brooke was getting kicked out. I grabbed my backpack and shoved in my few clothes my phone and phone charger. I looked around the basement to see if there was anything that could help me survive. In one corner was 5 brown boxes.

I ran over and looked. I found a pocket knife, a water bottle, matches and a rope. In another corner was a cupboard. I ran over to see some emergency food supplies. I never knew those were there. Mum probably didn't know it was there to.

There were tins of peas, pineapple, spaghetti. There was a bag of chips and cookies. There was some juice boxes. I managed to fit it all in my backpack which was quite large.

I continued looking I had to work quickly before mum came down to kick me out. I found a rope and a torch and a radio and some battery's.

There was a box full of books so I grabbed some so Brooke and I wouldn't get bored on he streets.

The basement door opened. Mum walked down.

"Get out of my house. You are not my daughter"she screamed.

I ran to the front door. I was about to leave when mum threw a bag at me and slammed the door shut. Inside the bag was a few essentials. There was a box of tissues, wipes,  some of Maddies old clothes, a pair of shoes, a blanket and some foods like muesli bars, crackers, nuts and dried fruit.

I ran towards Brooke's house. I saw her running towards me. I smiled. She made me feel safe.

I jumped into her arms. She held me tight stroking my brown hair. I know she will do anything to protect me. I know she is my protector.

"Are you ok kenzie"she asked.

"I'm ok, I was rummaging through the basement and found some survival things and some caned food and stuff. Mum also gave me a few things."I said.

Brooke nodded looking really sorry for me.

"I found some things to"she said. We started walking and found a small little cave thing to stay in. No one has come to this place for ages.

We emptied our bags. Brooke looked at me with her dark eyes.

Brooke had some, band aids, water bottle, lots of canned foods, 4 packs of biscuits, rope, matches, some clothes from Paige and mum that they threw at her and three pairs of socks.

We have a lot or resources to help us survive.

"We have enough food to survive about a little under a year if we eat a certain amount a day."Brooke said hugging me.

I am absolutely scared I'm gonna die.