First Day

I arrive at school, goosebumps covering my skin. I'm so afraid of what people will think of me.

I scan the halls as I walk and see people everywhere. Most rushing to get to there lockers and others standing in big groups chatting.

I was so busy looking around I didn't notice the guy I was just about to walk into.

Suddenly I stumble over and my books fall everywhere.

I close my eyes for a second and breathlessly I start stacking the books on top of each other one by one.

"Need help?" A voice murmurs from behind me.

"No I'm fine.." I spin around hesitantly to see who I'm talking to.

My draw instantly drops. Shitttttt, he's so... gorgeous.

His silky brunette hair brushed along the side of his face and his glittering eyes glaring down at me.

He smiles and shrugs, "are you sure?"

I tilt my head down to see heaps of my sheets scattered on the floor. I can't help but feel embarrassed that I didn't notice them.

"Oh.. second thoughts, yeah can you help" i awkwardly say back.

He kneels down, tucking his hair behind his ear and picks up my sheets. I catch him staring at me but quickly look back down, I smile to myself as I pick up the rest of the sheets.

I jump up and smile, "Thanks for that."

"My pleasure" he replies calmly.

"I'm Joey" he smiles, "Joey Birlem"

I look down and back up again, "I'm y/n"

He the smiles at me and slowly walks off down the hall, I can't help but stare as he walks away.

"I take it that you like him" a soft voice says from behind me.

I spin around to see a girl around my age, long curly blonde hair. Wearing a pink glittery dress with matching pink shoes. She's practically a barbie doll.

"I'm Eve" she smiles.

"Nice to meet you, I'm shayla" I smile back.

She slightly leans to the left looking down the corridor, "You like him don't you" she smirks.

I look the direction she's looking and spotted Joey standing at the locker with two guys, chatting and laughing. Gosh some part of me wants to stare at him forever.

I turn back to her, "He's kinda cute I guess" I shrug.

Gosh i'm a terrible liar. I always have been.

"I GUESS?!" She replies aggressively.

I shrug and a smirk goes across my face, "Ok, ok he's really cute"

"Not to be creepy or anything, but I saw what happened there and by the looks of things he looks like he likes you" she tilts her head and smiles.

"hah he wouldn't like me" I turn around and start to walk to class.

"HEY!" A voice shouts behind me.

Eve jogs up to me, "What class do you have?"

"English" I say as I attempt to blow my hair off my face.

"SAME!" She replies excitedly.

I smile at her as we enter the classroom.

I feel like my first day wasn't going to be as hard as I expected. :)

haiiii 👋🏼
I hope you like this chapter, I tried my hardest on it. So please no hate in the comments. :)

make sure to follow me, @tearlessbirlem on instagram :)

xoxo - tearlessbirlem