The Birlems Are Moving In

It's finally the weekend, I finally get to sleep in all day and do nothing.

All of a sudden my mother barges into the room.

"Y/n we need to talk" she looks at me with a worried look on her face.

With confusion I sit up on my bed, "What is it?"

She sighs and looks at the floor, "My old friend, Jen Valdez has past away."

I look up at her, I've never heard her mention that name before.

"She had two daughters and a son, Bella Birlem, Sophie Birlem and Joey Birlem."

My eyes widen. I'm in shock.

"I decided that.." she says hesitantly

"That they should move in with us." She sighs.

I'm speechless. Joey moving in with me?

"Are you serious? Don't they have a dad or someone else to look after them."

"No they don't. They had no other choice.. so I decided they're moving in." She snaps as she walks out the door.

I throw my pillow over my face in frustration. This can't be happening.

"Oh and by the way they're arriving tomorrow at 2pm SHARP!" She yells from the other side of the house.

I instantly grab my phone and call Eve.

She picks up straight away and before she can say a word I start blabbering.

"EVE Joey Birlem in moving into my house!!" I scream in the phone.

"Are you being serious?!" She replies excitedly.

"Yep, he's moving in tomorrow at 2pm." I say angrily.

"Why do you sound so angry? I'd love to have Joey move into my house! That'd be a dream come true" she says practically yelling.

I sigh, "I have to go prepare for tomorrow."

"Good luck! Make sure you tell me everything at school!" she replies, hanging up the phone.

-skip to the next day-

It's finally time. Joey and his sisters are moving in, in one hour. I've got to put something nice on.

I've managed to pull out 3 dresses, one short black lace dress, one pink long beach dress and one white frilly dress.

In the end I decide to wear the short black dress. I put a bit of makeup on and pause to look in the mirror.

I turn from left to right, I guess I look fine. I shrug and walk out to my mother.

She greets me by a warm smile, "you look great today sweetheart."

"Thanks" I smile back.

"They arrive in 10 minutes" she says as she fixes her dress.

10 minutes? I'm sure it didn't take me that long to pick and outfit and do my makeup.

The minutes fly by and I hear 3 knocks on our door.

Suddenly I feel a cold shiver go down my spine.. I feel really nervous for some reason.

"Oh that must be them." My mother says excitedly as she basically runs to the door.

The door opens and the first person I see is a young girl, with long brown hair. Pretty sure she looks 13.

Next to walk inside was a much taller girl, she looks defiantly older than me. Her hair is the same colour as her sisters and her makeup looks perfect.

For some reason the youngest girl runs over to me and hugs me. I was confused but I hugged her back.

"Hi! I'm Sophie" she excitedly says with a smile on her face.

"I'm Shayla" I smile back at her.

"Your mum says I'll be sharing a room with you" she says tilting her head.

I know I have a spare bed in my room but I didn't know I'd be sharing.

"O.. oh yeah" I murmur

The oldest girl walks up to me, "I'm Bella" she says with a slight smile on her face.

"Nice to meet you" I say.

She gives me a hug then sits on a chair and starts playing on her phone.

I was talking to Sophie when I spotted Joey walking in. I couldn't take my eyes off him!

He looks around, once he sees me he jogs over.

"Sophie go play with Bella" he snaps at her.

"Shut up Joey!" She weakly hits him as she walks away.

Joey leans on the bench next to me, "Heyy" he smiles.

"Hi Joey, I'm sorry about your mother" I say nervously.

"It's alright" he replies with the same smile on his face.

"JOEY do you mind helping me carry these bags" my mum yells from outside.

"I'll talk to you later" he winks at me and walks off.

Did Joey just wink at me?

— authors note
hai readers :)
This chapter is kind of long so I hope you enjoyed it.!

xoxo - tearlessbirlem