Chapter 2

After an agonizing hour of sitting down, listening to the Professor talk about the history of film, the bell rang. I got up as fast as possible and walked towards the door, waiting for Isabelle to pass. She took forever to pack up her notebook, but once I saw her closer I opened the door and smiled.

"Thank you." She spoke as a tinge of pink started to appear on her cheeks.

I bowed my head softly and responded, "You're welcome. You wanna hang out after classes? Get to know each other a little more?" I asked as I let go of the door, making other students grab and hold it.

"I'd like to." She smiled softly while she brushed her hair with the tip of her fingers.

___

There's nothing I hate more than coffee shops and their hipster employees and hipster clients. However, she wanted to come here. She seems to love the pathetic indie music, and the plants hanging over the doors that probably never get watered. She seems to love watching couples swear to themselves "eternal love." The Christmas lights hanging softly over the portraits of famous people. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the smell of coffee being made but I hate with a passion spending five dollars on an eight ounce cup of coffee. Then again, I'm just trying to satisfy Isabelle so I can get into her pants and forget about her afterwards.

"What do you do after college?" She asked after taking a sip from her espresso.

"I make music. That's pretty much all I do." I answered coldly, stirring the coffee as it blows its steam onto my face. "Hey," I put the spoon next to the cup and looked at her, "is it true that you come from a wealthy family?"

She put her espresso down and gazed at me confused. "No? We're like any middle class family. Struggling to live, struggling to have a future. I'm hoping to make a living off of filmmaking... it's always been my dream." She smiled as she looked over at the busy Manhattan street.

I noticed many small details on Isabelle. The soft dimples that form on her cheeks. The way the end each side of her mouth curls up beautifully when she smiles. Her perfect white teeth and contagious laugh. The way her hair curls up in the ends. This girl is something. She's exactly how I've always imagined the "perfect girl," as if destiny threw her onto my path. A sign, perhaps? A reason to change? No, not at all. I don't believe in relationships, in loving one person.

Suddenly, she woke me up from a trance. "You're really nice, George." She placed her arms on the table, grabbing both of my hands softly as she smiled. "Thank you for this."

"You're welcome, gorgeous." A beautiful tinge of pink blossomed on her cheeks as she moved in closer and closer. I tilted my head and closed my eyes, letting her guide me.

Her lips finally met with mines. The taste of coffee made me swoon slowly. After a while, our lips parted, making me open my eyes and notice the soft smile and giggles coming from Isabelle. I smiled flirtatiously as I scratched my head bashfully.

We went on to talk about our interests, likings, and even music taste. Isabelle was totally different from other girls. She didn't care for expensive brands. She doesn't like being the center of attention. Isabelle is all ever wanted in life. She's my definition of perfection. Of natural beauty, and gorgeous personality. I'm emotionally a mess, I don't know what I feel for her. It's a weird emotion that I've not experienced in many, many years. Do I really want to dispose of her afterwards? Do I even want to use her? I can't lose my infamous label for a girl. I won't let that happen. I'm the notorious kid from Brooklyn, for fuck's sake. She'll be out of my life in no time... I will not let my emotions take over me.

But she's so nice...