Chapter 9

Being a transfer student from my hometown's university to a big one like NYU was a slap on the face to many people. I'm not as wealthy as many classmates think. I come from a cul-de-sac filled with caring people, struggling to live a happy and successful life. I had to move away because rent was too expensive and my parents couldn't afford it. Having a ten year old sister who loves to draw and wants every new product that comes out, and an eight year old brother who's life depends on chemotherapies and hospital visits, I had to leave. I guess it was time to move out anyway, being a twenty-one year old junior college student. It was hard to leave them. It wasn't a goodbye, but a "See you soon."

I was never the popular girl. I never got love letters by guys who've swooned when I'd passed by. From guys that took that one class at that one school three years ago. In other words, I was never the pretty and preppy girl from high school. There's always a girl that's too timid or not hot enough for boys, and unfortunately that girl was me. So having them behind me now was a new thing. Ever since I stepped into that classroom I caught many people's attention, boys and girls. Yet only one of them caught my attention. That damn Asian kid. He didn't look out of this world but something about him was so attractive. Damn those looks, for they wrapped me up in the mess I'm caught up in right now.
From his perspective, he's just a guy who likes to make music after class. From everyone else's, he's that guy. "Notorious Brooklyn Boy" is his nickname. I didn't understand why at first, but then I got the explanation I needed before I went out on a date with him. Before I kissed him.

I met a guy named Chad. We met at the coffee shop, where George left rudely. He saw everything that happened and went to comfort me. He was the one who told me about George's way. I was dumbfounded after he explained everything.  
I fell in love with George, but his ways with girls was a giant red flag. I couldn't be with a guy who's only intention was to get in my pants and leave me afterwards. It kills me because I thought that finally I had someone special in my life.

He's also a transfer student, but he moved from Australia with Max Stanley. He has a dorm room in the university, where he shares the other half of it with Ian Carter. Sadly, we don't take the same class because he's in the Culinary groups. Unlike George, he's timid when it comes to girls. He's quite big, but that's no problem. His eyes are captivating, like emeralds shining under the moonlight. His hair is always up in a hair bun.

Chad and I started to hang out more, before and after class. We would talk about anything, without the feeling of being judged. We realized we had almost everything in common. Chad likes indie bands and warm cups of coffee. He likes to play video games and makes a living off of live streaming himself playing them. He loves to travel to unknown places and meet new people.

Chad is literally my male version. However, I'm not sure i actually feel something for him. George is my real crush, but i guess I'm going to have to move on and let go. Or do I?