1

This is the short version of Dark Hearts. We just couldn't wait anymore, so we chose to publish it now. It's gonna be a complete version, so if you want to read the extended one but you don't want spoilers, don't read it.
In the meantime we thank all of you for your support!!!

Regina wrapped herself in the black cape. The light wind filtering between the trees made her shiver despite the warm clothing. She hid behind a pillar while a guard walked by for the watch. As she was sure that the road was clear she ran towards the woods, without looking back. She stopped only when she was sure to be far enough.
She took some moments to catch her breath, then started walking again until she found an old ruin covered with ivy, black in the moon light.
«Where are you?» she shouted, looking around.
Regina had to wait a little bit more. The Dark One was watching her rom behind a tree between the crumbling walls, her figure hidden in the night, a tiny, amused smirk on her face. After a few moments, though, she ran out of patience.
She came out, watching with ravenous eyes the young queen.
«If you yell like this, my dear, the king himself will hear you. And I doubt that's what you desire, is it?» she inquired, her head slightly tilted.
The young woman turned abruptly, a bit frightened, her heart looked like it was clobbering her ribs.
«Who are you?» she asked staring at the stranger. «What are you doing here?»
The Dark One smirked, showing pearl-white teeth.
«What am I doing here?» she repeated slowly pacing towards her. «I'm here to teach you magic, of course.» she plowed on while she started moving around her, a shark. She slightly gesticulated with her hands while talking.
Regina watched her every move.
«I don't know who you are... Where is Rumple?» she asked looking in her eyes, alarmed by her behavior, by her looks.
Emma laughed, a low laughter, short, vibrant, as she walked behind her back.
«You don't have to worry about him anymore. Now you can rely on someone much more... capable.» she answered going back to face her. She stopped before her, studying her up to down, her hands interlaced behind her back. The short black, scaled leather jacket sparkled with the white full moon light. Her white hair seemed to shine in the night, like her skin.
Regina could barely hold herself from stepping back.
«Why ever should I trust you?» she asked, making a step towars her instead. Eyes on hers, she hardened her voice and stare, loading them with suspect. «If you hurt him you'll hurt me too...»
The Dark One's eyes mirrored a tiny, amused smirk when the young woman came next to her.
«And why should I?» she asked. «He was hurting you. He was using you.» she replied staring back at her, evidenlty amused even though a hint of tension permeated like a pungent odour on her pale and severe face, with high cheekbones.
«How do you know that? And how do I know that you won't use me instead?»
Emma suddenly moved her face closer to hers and lowered her voice until it was just something more than a mere whisper.
«I don't need you. But you need me, my magic.» she suggested. Then she moved aside from her, and went back walking, never actually far from her.