Chapter 4

Two years later

Suddenly, Emma appeared inside Regina's room from a dense and swirling black and golden smoke.
«It's time.» she announced, gloomy.
Regina, who was serenely sleeping, sat up abruptly and glowered at her. She hated her behavior.
«Is that any way to come into my room?!»
«She's having the baby.» Emma simply said. Her gaze wandered over the queen's body then, a slight trace of melancholy in her eyes.
Regina smiled getting up, a black nightgown that barely covered her body from her stare.
«The time has come.» she said, excited, impatient.
The Dark One nodded looking back in her eyes.
«Gather the sorcerers.» she said before vanishing.

Emma materialized inside the Charmings' castle. She made herself invisible, and watched her father fight against the Black Knights with the baby in his arms. With quiet pain she watched him fall, wounded almost to death, after putting her in the magic closet. She stared at its empty cavity when the knights opened it just to find out that the baby was missing. She imagined her appearing in the forest with August.
With her heart broken, and happy at the same time, she turned hearing other rumors. Her mother came in, desperate seeing her dying husband. Regina, furious, was looking for the child, uslessly. But the curse was swallowing everything: she had won anyway.
A moment before that the dark magic could enwrap her, Emma took the dagger and plunged it into her own chest.

White. It was her first thought. There was nothing above her. She moved, and suddenly her body had a weight, a shape.
Columns, white. It wasn't true that there was nothing there. Emma turned to look at them, she felt her hair tickle her cheek. She stared at it. Blonde, long, slightly curly. She touched it, she hadn't done it for a long time.
«You're not supposed to be here, Saviour.»
The woman leapt up, frightened. The man who was standing still behind her, dressed in a long white tunic with a belt on his waist, was smiling at her benevolently.
«Who are you?» she asked, her forehead frowned for the confusion. «Where am I?»
The man's smile widened a bit.
«Zeus.» he just said.
Emma goggled. She relaxed a bit however, even if a painful awareness covered her. She gazed down, her eyes wet.
«I'm...»
«Dead, yes. But you shouldn't.»
The Savior went back staring at him.

«I had to. I had to save her.» she said in a desperate whisper. The godgave her a glance full of compassion.
«And sacrifice yourself?»
Emma nodded and gazed back down.
«Yes.» she whispered. «I was born again, how could I be... double?» she asked,lost, and looked back in his blue eyes.
Zeus smiled at her again.
«Let me take care of this. Sure, yours was a risky act, to say the least. But Ican't fight destiny, Emma. Not even I can.»
Emma barely had the time to give him a confused stare before that everythingdisappeared.