Goldfish Don't Jump chpt. 5

"You do know you're being very ignorant, right?" I asked, quite annoyed as he set the bottle down and smiled like a little boy in a candy shop.

"I don't believe helping you fix up your arm is being ignorant. I'd consider it very gentleman like." I rolled my eyes and looked down at my arm once more, just in time to see him grab a needle and a long thread from the cabinet.

"Uh-um...what is that for?" I stuttered and he laughed.

"You know, just felt like doing a bit of sewing..." He said while sticking the end piece of the thread through the loop and tying it in a neat knot.

"With what..." I said slowly, more as a statement and not a question.

"Oh, just...flesh." I gulped and he pressed down on my upper arm, putting pressure on it so my arm would be a bit numb. He stuck the tip of the needle at the far edge of my wound and pulled it across, starting the first stitch.

"You don't have to do that for me, I could..."He hushed me silently and continued with the stitches, finally ending with four more that the five inch gash would suffice with. He then grabbed some more disinfector and instead of pouring it onto the bare cut, he dabbed some onto some cotton and wiped it down my arm carefully.

I smiled a bit and studied him carefully. Flawless. Something else for me to be jealous of in this wonderful family. Everyone was so...nice. Even Skylar. Not any family would just let me come into their house and intrude like this. What I did wasn't even a huge deal. Sure, I did save Meghan, but it's really not necessary for them to give me this type of treatment. I don't even want this kind of treatment. For example, I could easily do these damned stitches myself. And I'd rather prefer to do them myself. Oh well....

Just at that moment when Skylar put the needle, thread, and disinfector liquid on the floor, a gentle knock echoed from the door.

"Hello? Frankie, are you alright in there?" It was Charlotte.

"Shit..." Skylar muttered under his breath and I looked at him curiously. He shot me a quick look to gesture for me to be quiet and I nodded, trying to play along.

"Um, yeah. I'm fine, Charlotte. Just cleaning up my cut." Skylar shot me another look and I narrowed my eyes.

"What?" I snapped harshly and I could hear Charlotte laugh softly. Skylar stuffed everything in the cabinet and hid behind the door while I walked towards the handle.

"Okay well, dinner is almost ready, dear."

"Dinner? No, you really don't have to do that." I said as I swung open the door, hitting Skylar with it by accident. A muffled 'gah!' came from him but he shut up quickly. I smirked slightly and looked back at Charlotte.

"No, dear! Don't even say that! You are our friend now, expect this!" I smiled at her and shook my head.

"That's very nice of you. Thanks." She nodded with a lovely smile and patted my shoulder.

"Anytime, dear. Come down as soon as you're ready." With that, she turned for the stairs. I shut the door quietly and Skylar came out of hiding.

"Thanks for that." He said sarcastically and I laughed.

"No problem. Now we have to get out of here, she might get suspicious." I whispered and he nodded, placing his hand on the handle just as we heard Charlotte walk past the door and down the hall humming.

"Skylar! Dinner!" She called for him, obviously heading for his room. Skylar and I shared a look and started panicking.