Chapter 2

•§∫Dipper's POV∫§•

"What happened...?" I murmured to myself.
Everything had been fine, and then I'd just...  Blacked out.
I tried to get up, but I found my legs felt more... noodle-y than usual. When I looked up, I found myself in the attic. "But... I was j-just in the living room.."
I tried to grab the journal, but I went through it. Then I saw that my arm was black, and I had four fingers.
Like Bill.
I let out a shriek of terror, and that's when I noticed my voice also echoed like Bill's voice. "What's happened to me?!" I yelped. 
"Dipper? Is that you?" I heard Ford call.
"Yeah! Uh, can you come up?" 

I'd expected to see Ford as a perfectly normal person, walking up the stairs. But instead, I saw a six-fingered hand-- like on the journals, except with an eye instead of a number-- float up through the floor.
I let out another terrified shriek, but then I realized it was Ford. "Y-Y-You too?"

"Yeah... I don't know what's caused this. Well, at least we know why Bill calls us these names." Ford sighed.
"Wait a minute... Bill!" I said. "M-Maybe he like, put a curse on the town, o-or the magic from Weirdmageddon didn't completely leave, or--"

"Or it's the Zodiac."
"Huh?"
Ford managed to open the journal, despite my attempt to open it failing. He held up the journal up. It was turned to the page on the Zodiac. "It wasn't only a prophecy, Dipper. I think it may have been a warning. We had two options: Defeat Bill with the Zodiac or become demons like Bill. We were the backup plan as well-- in case Bill failed. He knew that Stanley would likely not join the circle, so he saw it as a perfect opportunity to stall us and create a hydra effect. Luckily, the magic is split between the prophets on the Zodiac, so we will not be effected the way Bill was."  Ford explained.
"The way Bill was..?" I questioned.
"We won't go too insane." He clarified. 

"But we're stuck like this?" I asked.
"Until I find a way to destroy the magic safely, yes."
I guess Mabel got her wish to stay. Maybe even to stay forever. I thought. I had had enough of the supernatural for this summer, but I guess I was staying until we found a cure.
Well, at least I'm not alone in this.