Chapter 4

•§∫Third Person-- Real World∫§•

They'd waited to see the ten who defeated Bill return.
And they waited...

And waited.
After 6 years, they were finally proclaimed dead. The town may not have gotten to know many of them well, but they felt the hit as hard as anyone else. Some say there still out there, somewhere.

They're just trying to find a way back.
And those people were right.
There was one special boy among those people. Who, you may ask?
Well... Let's leave that person anonymous for now.

•§∫Dipper's POV∫§•

Grunkle Ford said the machine he was making to revert us would be done soon, but it looks like some things are more difficult as a demon.

After a while... It may have been a century, or.. well... an hour, for all I know... It wasn't done.

"I'm gonna go explore, maybe play a few pranks. Wanna come, Dippin' Dots?" Mabel said cheerfully. 
"Nah..." I replied. After so long, I felt like every one of our efforts was just making it more difficult to revert us. 

"Alright..." She looked worried, but I looked away. I just wish I could be human again...

•§∫Mabel's POV∫§•

I'm worried about Pin-- Dipper. DIPPER. NOT PINE TREE. I'M NOT BILL.
I'd been reflexively calling him Pine Tree. The magic was kinda getting to me, honestly. At least... Well, there really isn't an upside, is there? Oh well. 

It felt like something was tugging at me. I turned around, but saw nothing. "Weird..." I breathed. Is Soos pranking me or something? 
Then, with a flash, I found myself in a sketch of the Cipher Wheel, staring a boy in the face. He was blonde, with kinda greenish-blue eyes. He was wearing a vest--Like Dipper's, but yellow--with a black shirt underneath. For some weird reason, he seemed REALLY familiar. Then again I guess I'm an all-seeing-demigod-thing now, so everyone looks familiar, I guess.

He looked around at us, wide-eyed. "It worked..."

"How did you get our summoning ritual...?" Ford asked, looking confused. 
"O-Oh, I found it in a cave..." The boy said. "Anyways, I'm William Crypt."

Ford's eye widened. His hand lit on fire, and William fell to the ground, knocked out.
"Grunkle Ford, why did you do that?" I asked, a bit startled.

"That is no ordinary boy. We need to erase any of his memories of this, and make sure he never finds that cave again."
"W-What?"

"Mabel, he's... He's what's caused this."
When he saw my puzzled look, he sighed. "Mabel. Bill is short for William.."

"And encrypt is a synonym for Cipher!" Dipper finished. "Mabel, he's..."

"Bill Cipher." I said quietly. "No way."