A Redneck Kind Of Love (A John Luke Fanfic)

Makaylee's P.O.V

"Are you ready to go Makaylee" My dad asked me. Hi, I'm Makaylee, I'm from Alabama and we are moving to Louisiana because some of my dad's old friends invited us to live there. I guess I was happy. I was sixteen, 5'5 with blonde hair. I had a thick country accent and braces which would soon be coming off soon. I was the total opposite from my brother. He was originally from Ohio which I was too but I moved down with my dad years ago. I was the out doors type and my brother, Jeffery, was more inside and always on electronics kind of person. He was seventeen and didn't have the accent as bad as me. You could barley tell he had one. "Yea dad I'm coming." I grabbed my bag and ran out to the truck. "Get in back." I said to my brother. "Bossy much." I climbed in and smiled at my dad. "All ready?" I nodded smiling. He started the car and we were off. I slept the whole ride, Cars made me sleep for some odd reason. "Makaylee wake up." My dad said shaking me some. I opened my eyes and we were in a whole different place. "How long was I asleep?" I asked rubbing my eye. "The whole car ride." I yawned and stretched a little bit. "Jeffy." I heard some voices and my dad got out of the car. "How's it going." I heard my dad say. He turned to the car and waved for us to get out. I opened the door and climbed out still rubbing my eye. I walked over to them. "Is that little Kaylee?" I nodded. "I remember when you were just, Well you were about the same height." I laughed "Yea I don't grow as much as them." Compared to me my brother was a giant. Everyone compared to me was a giant. "Do you remember John Luke?" Willie asked me. "Um. I'm not sure. It's been a while." I stopped rubbing my eye and yawned again. "John Luke come here. A little tired are you?" I nodded my head. "Yea?" I looked to see a beautiful boy come out the door. "You remember Makaylee don't you?" He looked at me smiling. "Of course." "Hi" I said waving. He waved back at me. "Where's little Jeff?" "Ah He's in the car. He's on his phone." Willie shook his head laughing. "That's all these teens worry about any more." "I'll go get him and correction not all teens." I said before turning around and running to the truck. "Aye Jeffery get out of the car and come say hi." I said to him and he was on the phone. "Hold on I'm Face Timing Kalista. So what are you doing right now." I snatched his phone away from him and ran back over to my dad. I tossed the phone to Willie and he slipped it in his pocket. Jeffery walked over to us. "Come on Makaylee give me back my phone." I shook my head acting lost. "I don't have your phone." "Where is it?" I shrugged my shoulders and pursed my lips. "Not sure." "Hey boy cant say hi or anything?" "Sorry, Hi everyone. Now give me my phone back, Kalista is going to be mad at me." "Who's Kalista?" "His girlfriend." I said poking his sides laughing. "Shut up" He said pushing me forward to where I started falling. I was bracing for impact with the ground when I was caught. I looked up and seen John Luke holding me up. "Thank you." I said blushing. "Looks like Makaylee has a crush." Jeffery said laughing. "Haha, shut up." I said balling my fist and jumping at him. "Okay you guys must be starving, John Luke help Jeffery get their bags and bring them in." Jeffery's eyes widen. He heard something involving work. "Jeffery. Do work, That's funny. I'll help." I said walking over to the truck. John Luke met me over there. "You're still just as short as last time I seen you." He said laughing. "Hey don't pick on short people just because you're a giant." He smiled at me. "I'm not."