Chapter 2

Makaylee's P.O.V

"Did someone need me?" I asked walking outside. They all turned and looked at me.

"Yea your daddy here was just telling us how equiped you are with a bow and arrow. Mind showing us?" Willie asked me.

"Oh sure." I jogged back up to my room and rumaged through my things when I found my box marked 'Archery' I ripped it open and took out my bow and a few arrows, running back down the stairs. I loved showing off my skills because they were quite impressive.

I quickly took my position and pulled back on the string, releasing it and letting it fly through the air, hitting a bird. I watched as it fell to the ground. "I only clipped the wing, it should be fine." I said as everyone walked over to it.

"Wow, that was amazing." Someone whispered into my ear from behind me, causing me to jump. I turned to face John Luke and smiled. "You really need to stop sneaking up on me." I whispered, very close to his lips. I grabbed him by his shirt, pulling his face extermely close to mine and smirked as I felt him tense up under my grip. I let him go and bit my lip, walking away but turning back to him, blowing a kiss in his direction.

A little flirting wasn't hurting anyone right?

John Luke's P.O.V

It was hard to say if she didn't like me or if she was just playing hard to get. I watched closely as she walked away and smiled to myself. She was something else and it made me seem to want her more. She was beautiful and smart, yet mysterious and dark. In a way she was everything I wanted. At least just a taste of it would help settle me down. I was falling for her and preparing to hit the ground at any moment and I was preparing for a pretty hard fall at that.