Chapter 1

Makaylee's P.O.V

"Dinner was great but do you mind if I skip the game and go unpack my room?" I asked rocking back and forth on my feet. "Not at all if you need any help just call and we'll be right there." I nodded smiling and walked to my room. I sat in the middle of the floor and popped open a box with my books inside. I took them all out and sat them to my side while I slid the box away. I began placing them on my bookshelf and by the time I got to the last book I couldn't reach. I didn't want to bother anyone with asking for help considering it was only one book so I tried getting it up there myself. "Need a little help there?" John Luke asked causing me to lose my balance and fall on the floor. He laughed and walked over, helping me up.

"Sorry. I didn't mean for you to fall." He said taking the book and placing it on the shelf. "Were you spying on me." I asked smiling. "If I say yes are you going to beat me up because I've heard that you like to beat up boys who bother you." He said laughing. "Although that is true. I never said it bothered me." Okay so maybe I was crushing on him, a lot, but still I might as well have some fun while I'm here.

"So you like to read?" He asked. "No they're just there so I look smart." I told him. He seemed puzzled. "I'm joking. Yea I love reading." I said laughing. He moved closer to me. "Well I love a bookworm." He said leaning towards me. "Hey Makaylee, they want you outside." Jeffery said walking into the room causing me and John Luke to jump back away from each other. I cleared my throat. "Hm yea, yea I'll be out there in a second." I said trying to hide the dark blush on my face.

A/n: Sorry its been so long since I've last updated. But I'll do it more frequently now. Promise.

Ronnie!