Chapter 1

"When Irish Eyes are smiling, sure 'tis like a morn in spring. In the lilt of Irish laughter, you can hear the angels sing. When Irish hearts are happy, all the world seems bright and gay, and when Irish Eyes are smiling, sure, they steal your heart away."

Siobhan (traditional Irish name pronounced Shiv-awn)  watched with a keen eye as SAMBEL accompanied SAMCRO from the airstrip to the alley they called home. She saw hugs and handshakes and a few awkward introductions before slithering away and onto the back of one of the Irishmen's bikes.

"I need to see Kellan," she whispered. "Can you take me?"

"Aye," he winked, knowing better than to say no to her. Sure, she had little actual power but she worked for the Kings and if it was IRA business they'd pay dearly for delaying it.

"Father," Siobhan greeted him with a kiss on the cheek. "They're here."

"I've heard the chatter," he assured her.

"Where's the boy, Kellan?" Siobhan asked darkly. "The Kings want him."

"He's safe," Kellan said sagely. "John never wanted his boys in this life."

"That's not your choice," she argued. "Family ties are long broken. This is business."

"Dear, I know," he smiled calmly. "And if they want to discuss it with me, the Kings know where to find me."

Siobhan, knowing what would happen if he continued to play games, nodded disappointedly. "Everyone knows you took him from Mo after Cammy brought him here."

"I know," he nodded. "I'd like to meet with Jackson."

"And I'd like to know where the baby is."

Silent, Kellan nodded again and gestured to the door. Siobhan sighed heavily and saw herself out, jumping right back behind the Son on the bike to head back to the alley. When she arrived, the drinking had started so everyone was loose and having a good time.

"Hey Von, want a beer?" Padraic, Chibs' nephew, offered Siobhan a bottle with a smile.

She took it and smiled, "Thanks. These lads aren't having much trouble keepin' up with you lot."

"I'm surprised," he chuckled.

"It must be the biker blood," Siobhan shrugged. Chugging her beer, she handed the empty bottle back to Padraic. "I'm working, I have to go."

"Aye, cousin," he winked, "Be careful."

--

The next morning Siobhan and Jax were formally introduced by Maureen and she felt her heart sink further and further as their conversation went on.

"I didn't think the Kings employed women," Jax said quietly. "They don't seem very progressive."

Siobhan laughed, "They aren't but they see opportunity and they jump."

"So, if you're Padraic's cousin that means you're Chibs' niece?"

Siobhan shook her head. "Chibs' is Padraic's mother's brother, I'm on his father's side."

"Lucky," Jax joked.

"I hope you find Abel," she said suddenly serious. "I'm sorry Cam took him, it wasn't a plan."

"Thank you," he said with sincerity. "Have you heard anything?"

There was such sorrow in his voice, his eyes were glistening with tears as they talked quietly over coffee, and Siobhan felt herself questioning her orders. Jax loved his son, and they deserved to be reunited not used as a token in some business game.

"I haven't, but I've been looking into it."

His disappointment was clear. "Thank you."

"Maybe you should go talk to Father Ashby," she suggested. "I think he knows," he knew for sure but she couldn't be too outright. "Him and Mo are siblings and Cameron was their cousin."

Jax was suddenly on fire. He nodded, giving her hand a squeeze, before leaving her without a word. Her stomach churned, doubting what she had done, but there was no undoing it.

--

While Jax went to the rectory, Siobhan met with her employers. She smiled politely and immediately started to relay the little information she had on Abel. They were, needless to say, disappointed.

"Did you press him?" Galen asked darkly.

"I did," she says timidly. "He said you could speak to him directly if there was an issue."

"Aye," one of the older men said sternly. "If you hear anything, Siobhan, you bring it back to this table immediately.

"Aye," she said earnestly. "I will."

--

That evening, as Jax and Liam boxed in the dark of the alley, Siobhan watched as she always did while Jax was dominating just as he always did. She smiled at his showy, masculine behavior when the fight ended and clapped for him as he raised his arms into the air.

"Good fight," she said as she approached him. "Liam is a creep, it's good to see him get a good beatin'."

Jax smiled, charming as ever, and wiped his face with his shirt. "How you doin'?"

"Good," she shrugged. "I think I may have an idea about finding Abel."

His light mood was dark as he pulled her away from the crowd. "What is it?"

"What did the father say to you?" She asked quietly.

"That he's with a loving family," Jax spat bitterly.

Siobhan gasped at that, feeling a sudden connect with Jax's story as it began to relate to her own, and took his hand. "Wrap up here, don't make it obvious, and meet me down by the corner. We'll talk."

--

Vote and common, please! I'd love to hear from you! Thanks for reading!