Chapter 40

In the gutted interior of an old airplane hangar, one still frequented by the Irish for all sorts of nefarious activities, Von and Opie sat listening to the moans coming from Liam O'Neill. She almost felt bad for the man.

"What's really going on here?" He asked her ominously.

The urge to lie was strong but Declan's promises rang loudly in her head so, to keep Abel safe, she lied. "Liam had shite with John Teller back in the day, carried on after his death. It was all done nasty plot to destroy Jax and SAMCRO, JT's legacy."

"You didn't know?" He asked skeptically. "And of it?"

"No," she sighed. "I just knew Jax needed someone to blame and Conor and the Kings, that would get him killed. I didn't want that. We weren't together, he didn't want me in Charming, so I figured I would be the easiest option."

"He was mess when you left," Opie admitted. "I don't even think if you did do this shit he would go through with it."

"He would," she said shakily. "You didn't see him, he wanted to."

"I know Jax," he assured her.

On the other wise of the hangar in an office with broken windows and filthy blinds Jax continued to pound his fists into Liam. The story told by Conor was more than enough to persuade Jax, in his grief, to forget Von's confession. He didn't need much, he loved her and desperately needed someone else to be at fault rather than her. Jax accepted it because it was logical and he wanted to.

Conor added charges to Liam's past as Jax beat on him. Suddenly Liam had forced Cameron Hayes to take Abel, he gave the Kings information to help undercut the Sons, all in order to get back at John over the made up slight from years ago.

"End it," Conor said, handing Jax a gun. "He's more than half dead now anyway."

Jax snatched the gun and with a smile on his face fire two shots, one into Liam's stomach and the other into his face. Spitting on the dead man, Jax's chest heaved as he huffed and puffed trying to catch his breath.

"I'm sorry, Jackson," Conor said with sincerity. "Had we known how far he'd gone we would have stopped him sooner. We value this relationship ship, SAMBEL as well, we need to make this right."

"Nothing can make this right," he growled.

"We'd like to try," he said.

"What are you doing with her?" He asked as he gestured out to where Von sat.

"We wanted her to be our stateside contact," he said. "That was true."

"Let her go," he said quietly. "If she wants out, you let her go."

"I assure you, Siobhan very much wants to be a part of this organization. She wants to work here, in Northern Cali, I'm assuming to be closer to you. I can change that if you prefer?"

"No. Keep her here. I want her here."

*Sorry it's so short guys! Let me know what you're thinking! Xoxo*