Ch. 4

"Who the hell are you?" A harsh voice snapped as the door opened, surprising Yuuri.

Stood in the doorway was definitely not Victor, but instead a short brunet man with narrowed blue eyes.

"Y-Yuuri Katsuki, I work delivery at-"

"Actually, I don't really care." The brunet cut him off and let his subzero gaze sweep over his appearance "You don't look like much competition anyway."

Yuuri's eyes widened in shock but all he could really do was glare indignantly at the rude stranger and bite his tongue. As much as he hated to say it, he was a customer after all.

What could he be doing at Victor's house though?

Unless-

"Babe, who's at the door?"

The silver haired boy sauntered into view and in an instance it was clear what was going on.

"Some pizza guy, now where's your wallet?" The boy placed a hand on his hip and stared up at Victor through narrowed eyes.

"Bedroom." He waited until the boy was gone from the room before he met Yuuri's eyes with a sympathetic smile "Sorry, he's not too great at first impressions... or being nice in general"

He nodded before trying to crack an actual smile out of the latter "I didn't really have you pinned as the boyfriend type"

He was successful.

"What can I say? Short boys are a blessing."

The added wink only lit Yuuri's face on fire. Or at least it had felt that way.

They had a mini staring contest as they both awaited the short brunet's return.

"Victor, it's not in here!"

Victor's gaze flickered over his shoulder "Did you check my pants pockets?"

The boy responded with silence before appearing "Here you go, now screw off yeah?"

Obviously the boy had shoved exact change into his hand, no tip or anything, but Yuuri had already guessed that'd happen.

But before he could turn and leave he felt a hand on his shoulder "Derek. Don't I have a five in there or something?"

The brunet didn't even glance down at the wallet in his hands "Nope."

This made the latter's eyes narrow in annoyance as he snatched the wallet out of the other's hands before pulling out a five and handing it to Yuuri.

He looked like he was about to say something but the brunet practically slammed the door shut before he could.

Yuuri stared at the door a moment, a little confused about what the hell had just happened.