Chapter 1

Love at First Day (GirlxGirl)

I look up at the sunlit sky as I make my way to the gates, here I am standing before my new school and guess what, it’s an all-girls school… yay! Hear my sarcastic enthusiasm?

How did I end up attending this all-girls school? Well that’s a funny story actually…

“Darling, you have too many guy friends and your acting a little too boyish now, you need more girls as friends… I know!” She exclaims as I sit at the table bored out of my mind listening to her speech for the gonzillionth time. “I’ll send you to an all-girls school, how’s that sound Alexandria?” My mum asked happily while if I had been holding anything at the time, say for instance a spoon, I would’ve dropped it, for it to clang on the table.

I stared at her horrified, there was a reason why I didn’t hang around with girls… mainly to control myself and to ignore a part of me, it made me feel normal.

“Mum that is a horrible idea” I say after a while, obviously that wasn’t what my mother was expecting to hear since she gave me a scowl.

“I don’t want to move schools and lose all of my friends, this is just ludicrous, making me go to an all-girls school won’t change anything there IS a reason as to why I don’t become friends with them” I say matter-of-factly.

My mum looks at me sceptically and I shrug flipping my white long luscious hair over my shoulder while waiting for her to open her mouth and ask what my reason was.

“And just what is this reason Alexandria?” My mother asks getting irate. “Well… they're always bitchy and complaining they never have any real fun because they're too busy being self-conscious, worrying about their looks or gossiping and talking about guys” I say in a hurried rush of words as I roll my ocean blue eyes.

My mum just looks at me like I'm being an idiot, so with that she waited till I had finished first term before ‘shipping’, my term for it, off to an all-girls school, oh the irony, if only she knew.

So back to real life where I'm still standing here at the gates looking at all the girls scattered everywhere, their symbol logo thing already told me that this was filled with bunches of snobby uptight “I'm so f*cking glamorous, kiss the bloody ground I walk on” types, besides the white button up blouse I wore and the black pleated skirt that was just above my knees already told me enough. I’ll probably last for a while… oh who am I kidding I'm going to die in this place, crash and f*cking burn.

So anyways guess I better head on in and find the admission office right? I step through the large gates and follow a pebbled concrete path into the school, I go pass many different brick buildings of various heights and I look for the one that says ‘Admission office’ I only had to walk about two metres forward from the gate and a few steps to the left to find it.

I head over to it slowly, because I didn’t really have anything to rush over right now did i? I went to pull the door open but then realised that it said ‘Push’ so I pushed the door open and entered the office.

The interior showed that this was quite an expensive school, the walls were of a light greyish colour and there was elegant Victorian swirls scrolling upwards along the sides, they were of silver like colour and the carpet was a beige coffee type, it was a practical carpet, not fluffy, or anything that’s just meant for your feet’s comfort, just a simple practical carpet.

The roof was a very clean white and the room looked really nice over all, a little plain but that didn’t matter, I've been to one that had orange and blue walls, a white roof and a light grey carpet.

I went to the front desk and waited a mere five seconds before someone was in front of me. “Um excuse me, I'm new here” I say mentally hitting myself for saying ‘I'm new’. She looked at me with the worst fake smile I've seen by far, I just stand there waiting for her to become lively since she was practically brainless and lifeless. “What’s your name?” She asks and I sigh before saying my name “Alexandria Holland” I say as she types away on the keyboard searching for my name.