Chapter 17

Chapter 17:

"Chloe, chloe, wake up darlin'" someone whispered into my ear. When you add darlin' to the end of it Alex, we can all tell it's you!

"Whats wrong Al?" I said, sitting up from the bed and placing my hands over my eyes, to shield them from the sun.

"Nothing, just thought I should tell you its 12 and I have soundcheck for tonight"

"Damn I forgot" I said, kissing him on the lips.

"Will you be ok without me?" he said teasingly.

"Oh Alex, how will I ever survive without you!" I said, getting out of the bed and laughing. Gees I was hilarious sometimes.

"Lets just say you'll have to try" Alex exclaimed, putting his arms around my waist and kissing my shoulder. No matter what he did, I always felt really freaking happy.

"I'll be fine. Destiny and I will hang out together before the concert. Cant wait to see you on stage tonight" I said, putting my arms around his neck.

"Yeah... Im really nervous"

"Why's that? You've done heaps of gigs, why's this one scaring you?"

"Because we're playing some new songs and I dont know if anyone will actually like them"

"Hey, who cares! You're the Arctic Monkeys, you dont have to please anyone but yourself!"

"I guess so. Never thought of it that way" Alex said, while I started getting changed into something better than an oversized Strokes t-shirt and black shorts. "I have to go but i'll see you tonight. Come visit me before the show?"

"Of course i will Al! Love ya" I said, giving him a good bye kiss on the lips as he left the room and went out of the apartment followed by the band.

A day alone. What to do? Shopping, movies, strolling around town? I left my room and went to the room next to mine.

"Destiny, you there?" I said, knocking on her door.

"Gimme me a bloody minute!" she said, as i heard the sound of something falling over.

"You ok there bro?" I said, as she opened the door.

"Fine, just wish Miles wouldnt leave his stuff lying in the middle of the room"

"Ahh i see. So what you doing today?"

"Well one of my old school friends wants to meet up with me at 3, and then the concert. What about you?"

"Well it looks like I'll be stuck at home all day and then the concert tonight"

"No need for you to be alone! I'll come back here at 5, so we can get ready together" Destiny said, jumping up and down like a school girl.

"Sounds like a plan. Guess I should get back into my pjamas and get comfy on the couch" I said, walking back into my bedroom and changing into my oversized t-shirt... again! Sometimes the simplest things, bring heaps of joy.

Destiny left an hour later, so i sat on the couch and watched the whole 1st and 2nd season of Bad Education with a nice packet of Pringles. What a life!

Now comes the issue... what do i wear tonight to the concert? Before I could get something ready, the doorbell rung. No one has our address, apart from my parents...

I opened the door to a man standing there in a delivery post uniform.

"Package for Chloe Grey" he said, passing the box to me.

"Thanks. Do I need to sign anything?"

"Nope, its all good. Have a nice day"

I walked back into the apartment and ripped open the box. Ontop of the black package was a note

 "Thought you might need this! Have fun xx Mum and Dad"

I picked up the black package to see the best thing ever! My mum and dad had brought me a top with a love heart, and written inside the heart was "Alex Turner".

The most suitable thing to wear to the party. Love my parents! I rushed into my room and laid it onto the bed. Now, what to wear with it?

I opened my warbrobe and searched for the perfect skirt... Finally I found my dark green, red and black tarten skirt. I picked out my Knee Socks and zip up Converse.

I admired my creation and was pretty happy with it, but it was missing something. I opened Alex's side of the wardrobe, looking for his leather jacket. The joys of knowing what you're boyfriend is wearing... you get to borrow their clothing!

I picked out his "One for the Road" jacket and put it on. A fine outfit! Alex is going to piss himself when he sees the t-shirt.

I heard a knock on the door and opened it to find Destiny standing there with 2 shopping bags. More shopping really....