Chapter 2

He knows my name. How can he possibly know my name? I don't understand. Why is he doing this? I've never done anything to deserve this. I've always been so careful with what I do and who I talk to.

        After that confrontation I hung up and he never called back. His words, however, still linger. Grace Reid you're going to be mine soon. I feel sick. This can't be happening. This is just some idiot playing some stupid prank. I'm going to fall asleep and in the morning when I wake up, none of this will have happened.

        I wake up to see that it's 9 AM, the usual time I start my day. I eat breakfast, take a shower, and put on some clean sweats. My work doesn't require much time. I basically advertise small businesses online through public websites and social media. It only takes up to 2 to 4 hours of my day. It doesn't pay much but it pays for bills and food. My rent and other expenses are paid from the money I inherited from my Mom.

        After work, I laid down on my small red sofa. It smells like an old garage and no matter how many times i have the cushions cleaned, the smell never goes away. Most of my furniture is used because i get them from garage sales or thrift stores. I can't help but wonder who thought moss green would be a good color to paint these walls. It's disgusting. My mind starts to wander off into thinking what color I would paint the walls if I had the chance when I hear my phone ring. It's my text tone.

        Look outside your door.

        My heart is on the verge of exploding. I don't want to open the door. What if he's there? If I ignore him, he'll just get angry and maybe do something drastic. I start walking to the door and I immediately break out in sweat. My anxiety is overwhelming right now. When I reach the door, I look outside the nearby window to make sure he's not at my door. However, I see a package right on my doorstep. I bring it inside and open it to find a necklace.

        It's a silver heart shaped necklace that is diamond encrusted on the sides. It looks like something from a catalog. You can tell it's expensive just by the look of it. There's something engraved on the center rim. It says, My True Love. Right after I read it, my phone goes off again. Another text.

        I hope you like my gift. Please forgive me for not giving it to you personally. I hope you'll wear it and think of me as much as I think of you. I love you My Angel.

        I don't know what to do. How do I even respond? This guy is a maniac. He's delusional. What is he thinking? I respond to his text with:

        Stop texting me. Don't call me. Don't do anything. I don't need you harrassing me. I'll give you the necklace back. Please, I'm begging you. Leave me alone.

        He didn't respond. I can only hope he gets the message. I'm tired of dealing with his shit. I really just want to be left alone. Peacefully alone.