ORIGINS

"I know it's been a hard few days, but hopefully it gets easier from here." Kaylee said, smiling at Love as she helped her lug her luggage into Kaylee's house.

Love smiled sadly, pushing the bottom part of her suitcase up. "I hope so. And, hey thanks for letting me stay here while I sort this shit out."

"No problem!" Kaylee huffed as she shoved the suitcase inside her house. She smiled at Love, gesturing her into the small home. "Any former narcotic in need going to receive help from me, the narcotic master."

Love laughed slightly. "Look, I'm sorry if I'm not that much fun to hang out with for a bit, this is taking the piss out of me."

Kaylee grabbed Love's arm, looking synthetically into Love's tired chocolate eyes. "Babe, you just lost your grandmother. Well, adopted mother. Well, actually more of a- whoever she was to you, she meant a lot, and you're going through a lot dealing with this. You can take as much time as you need, dinner is at eight every night."

"What?"

Kaylee laughed. "Sorry, I was trying to work some of our rules into there. Well, not really rules, but-"

"Just tell me what they are, Kay."

"Alright, sorry. Anyways, we have dinner at eight, there is no set lunch or breakfast times, but our fridge is always open. Your bedroom is the one directly through that hallways" here she pointed the room out "right by Kylee's room."

"Your twin sister lives here?"

Kaylee jerked back, looking regretful. "Oh god, did I not mention that? Fuck, man I'm so sorry I must have completely forgotten about that." She threw her hands up. "Ugh, I feel so bad, I hope this doesn't ruin your healing process it all. Anyways, I'm sorry, and in conclusion, your room is over there.

Love spent almost five months in her bed. Of course, it wasn't technically her bed, and she did get up in the middle of the night to shower occasionally and eat when she knew she had to (which was a little sparse for the normal human diet), but she liked to think of it as her own house, as Kaylee had so lovingly let her live in. That didn't come without restrictions, like the constant stream of requests for Love to go to multiple different places ('Coffee shop, let's go!' 'Party at our new neighbor's house, you in?' or on one particular occasion- 'Underground nude rave, if you're not going I'm going solo!'), and all of those horrible questions about whether Love was doing okay or not, but it was still a good place to live. Alone, in solitude, except of course for the intruding Kaylee and the ghost of the sister.

Love did not meet Kylee until three weeks into her stay at the Kraft home, at one am. In the shower.

---

"Is there someone there?" Love heard a nervous voice call out, as the previously off bathroom light was turned on.

Love froze, silence falling on the bathroom beside the constant stream of water. "Ummm... Yes?" 

There was a moment of silence as the drops continued to fall. Finally, the voice spoke again. "Kaylee?" 

"No?" 

"Ummmm... Alright then." The voice said, before seemingly leaving and closing the door. 

"Wait!" Love yelled after the person. 

"Yeah?" 

"Could you maybe... Turn off the lights again?" 

"Uh, yeah, I guess." The voice turned off the light, before leaving Love in the dark alone again. 

---

The next afternoon, Love was awoken to Kaylee barging in like every other day, but this time with a different question.