Chapter 9

A/N: Hello my lovelies, Coral here and here is your latest chapter brought to you by yours truly. Hope you enjoy it. Note from me on the bottom.

Balthazar

I am in my office doing last minute things before we head over to meet the witches. I am just finishing up some emails when I heard someone standing outside my door (perk of being a werewolf). Just as they were knocking I was saying, "Come in."

I see the door open only to see Lou walk through the door.

At this point, I have spent little time with Lou, my little mate. I wish I had been able to, but because of my alpha duties and her busy schedule, Jessie spent more time with her than I had. In the long run, I think this was probably for the best. Especially based off of the way that Jessie was now starting to warm up A LOT more to the idea of us being a triad.

I noticed this especially this morning when he came running through the house looking for her. He also leaned into my touch. I almost couldn't let go of him because of it, but alas.

I was happy that Lou decided to come see me it meant that she trusted me enough to come to me about things and as I sensed she probably has questions about the witches.

She stood there awkwardly in the doorway.

"You know what they say about a woman who stands in a doorway?" I say.

"Huh?" she looks at me confused.

"Sorry, just something my grandmother used to say. Come in, Lou. Come on sit down. What's on your mind?" I say reassuringly.

"What do they say about a woman who stands in doorways?" she questions me with a little smirk on her face.

I smile, "I don't actually know, funny enough. I could look it up later if you really want to know; let me make a note of it so I don't forget. Anyways what brings you to my office. I would have thought you would be in your room mentally prepared yourself for the unknown." I say with a chuckle.

"Actually, about that unknown, that it exactly what I am wondering about. I hate not knowing things and going into things blind. It makes me panicky, no worried, no anxious, yes very anxious and I hate this feeling. And something, something inside me is telling me that you and Jessie will make it okay. And Jessie isn't really available right now so here I am." she blurts out.

I ask her to get up and come over to me. She complies and I pull her into my lap; I cuddle her to me and just hold her.

"I know you are worried about what may come, but just think about this we are in this together. We are a pack and we won't let you go through this alone, Okay." I say to her and look into those beautifully deep brown eyes.

"But why?" she questions. "You guys barely even know me you guys just took me in and or some reason I just accepted all of this and I just don't understand all of this. Why?"

"How much do you know about mates?" I asked her.

She looks at me confused, "What does that have to do with any of this?"

"Well based on your answer will determine how I decide to answer your initial question." I respond with a smile.

"Okayyyy, so based on that...well I would have to say that all paras have one and the way you know them, besides the insane attraction, is the mate mark. The pattern will match up with your mates or be a twin to it with your mate with a few small variations. They are the one for you the end all and be all of relationships. For you weres, your animal self also helps give you a hint or two. That's all I know. So, your answer?"