Why this Hell?

I woke up to the sound of my father crashing up the stairs.

"Why the hell is my beer not in the damn fridge, bitch?!" He yelled at me.

My name is Rozu. I'm 19 years old, and I live with my abusive father.

I know that sounds awful, but it wasn't always like this.

"I'm sorry father," I whispered, climbing out from my mothers beautiful black, red, and purple blanket. "I forgot to pick up more. I'll go do that right away."

"Too late, you whore! I told you fucking yesterday to get my damn beer!" He screamed as he hit me.

The slap stung like a thousand fires.

I stayed on the floor till he left, got up, put on my shoes and coat on, and went out the window.

I walked five minutes to the liquor store and put some beer on the counter.

"Dad acting up again?" The cashier Margret asked.

I just kept my head down and nodded.

"You ok sweety?" She asked, concern laced in her voice.

"Yeah. I'm ok. How much do I owe you?" I asked, taking out the few dollars I had left of birthday money.

"It's on the house baby." The old woman smiled.

"Are you sure? I mean, I have the money..." I asked.

"I'm positive sweety. Your mom was my best friend. I can cover you this time."

"Thank you, so much Margret. And I promise I will pay you back!" I said, walking out the door.

"Ro wait!" She called out.

I turned to see her coming out of the store with a bag of chips and a cup of steaming liquid.

"Take these and enjoy! Come to me if you need anything, ok?" She said.

I nodded ok, gave her a hug and walked back home.

Time skip 10 minutes:

I got to the front door, soaked in the now falling rain.

I walked in, took off my shoes, and put the beer in the fridge for when my father wakes up.

I start cleaning our small apartment, and he kicks my side.

"You took too long, slut. What were you doing? Whoring around? Working the corner?" He says as he pushes my small figure on to the floor.

"Of course not, father. I got you more beer. Its in the fridge." I reply, as tears come to my eyes.

I think to myself, why do I suffer this hell?

Thank you for reading!

~Rozu/ Violetfang 😈