Chapter 4

I woke up in a small, pink bed. Sweat and tears covered my face. Where was I? Had my father taken me to a secret bunker with bombs and alarms? 

Sunlight. I saw sunlight. 

I wasn't in a bunker, I was in a house. I got up and opened the door that was blocking my way to freedom. The fresh smell of butter and pancakes lifted me up and carried me bridal-style to the kitchen. When I arrived, I saw someone facing away from me and into a small frying pan with pancake mix. I slowly backed away, afraid that they were going to hurt me. The man turned around, and I stopped walking. His beautiful blue-green eyes sparkled in the sunlight. His blonde hair gleamed as if it was made out of pure gold. He smiled at me as he put the cooked pancake on a small, white plate.

"Rise and shine!" He said as me put the plate on the table.

"Um..who are you...?" I asked, backing up a little bit.

"I'm Max. I took you from the basement in your house," He continued. "I thought you were in trouble."

"Um ok. One question...how did you get in my house?"

"The metal door, I found a passage that connected the park to here. I guess I just followed the screams and I finally found you. You were tied to a bed, so I bought clothes for you and put them on. I hope you like them"

"I...I do. Thanks, Max" I said with a grin. I think I could learn to like being here.