16.) Won't Happen Again

Leah's P.O.V

"My mum is gonna kill me Ashton!" I said as we were speeding through the streets to get back to my house.

"It's not that bad Leah. It's only half an hour past curfew. It could be way worse." Ashton said calmly.

"No it really couldn't. Either way I'm dead. There isn't exactly anything worse than death, now is there Ashton." I snapped accidentally.

Ashton just laughed at me while I kept driving.

He's lucky we haven't gotten pulled over by now, because my mum would kill both of us if she ever found out that we were stopped by the police together, even if it was just for us speeding.

As we approached my house, I could see my mum sitting on the porch waiting for us.

I got out of the car as soon as I put it in park.

"Mum, I can explain." I said running towards her.

"Leah, I have told you way to many times that I want you home when I leave for work. I don't ask for much from you, just that you are home, or call me by six so I know that you are okay. Now I had to all my boss and say I would be late because I was worried about you." Mum said and I frowned slightly.

"I know mum and we-"

"It's actually my fault Miss Johnson. Leah kept reminding me that we had to comeback, and I got distracted. I take full responsibility for her tardiness." Ashton said. I spun around to look at him, all the shopping bags in hand, looking straight at my mum.

"Well, thanks for the honesty Ashton." She said

"It won't happen again. I promise." He replied.

"Good. Are you staying over again Ashton? I need to know how much breakfast to prepare in the morning." She said as she dug her car keys out of her purse.

"If you wouldn't mind, I think I'm gonna crash here again." He said and mum smiled.

"That is completely fine Ashton, just no funny business between you two." She said while walking to her car.

"Okay mum. I get it."

"Other than that, have fun you two. I love you Leah." She said before shutting the door behind her and starting the car up.

I turned so that she couldn't see my face and rolled my eyes while walking towards the front door of my house.

"No funny business you two. What does she think we are? thirteen?" Ashton mocked my mum's voice while laughing hysterically.

"Like seriously. I'm eighteen." I joked back.

"She is just holding on to you being young. I totally get it. My mum still does stuff like that to me sometimes." He said and I just shrugged.

We took all our stuff up to my bedroom, and I took my stuff from the bags and started to put it away. Ashton was just chilling on my bed playing on his phone while I put all of my stuff in my closet.

I started humming the song that has been stuck in my head all day, and Ashton started humming along. It's a song he showed me, and I can't get the damn thing out of my head for the life of me.

"You like All Time Low, don't you?" He asked, and I nodded.

"They're good. I like Lullabies a lot." I said.

"Same here. It's got sad lyrics, but it doesn't sound sad. I think that's why I like it so much." Ashton said.

"Yeah, maybe that's why I like it." I replied

Silence fell over us, other than my quiet humming.

I turned around and looked at him, just sitting in my bed playing god knows what on his phone.

I took this moment to actually look him over, and by that I mean I am staring at him like a total creep because I think he's cute.

His eyes, his hair, his dimples. It's all just so attractive on him.

And to top all that off, his personality is great.

"So Leah, what do you wanna do now?" He asked.

"Well, I have a pool. Wanna go for a dip?"