19.) Talks With Mum

Leah's P.O.V

"Leah it's time to get up for school." I heard my mum shout up the stairs.

I let out a groan, and forced myself up. I rubbed my eyes and grabbed my phone of the table next to me and unlocked the screen to see a message from Ashton.

Ash- I'll see you in about an hour :)

Leah- Yeah. Sorry,  I might be a little late. Mum just woke me up

I stood up and headed to the closet to get my outfit for the day. I didn't even care much today about what I look like. I left my hair natural, and I don't even feel like putting make-up on.

I slid my socks and shoes on before walking downstairs, yawning once I walk into the kitchen.

"Hi honey. How are you today?" Mum asked.

"Tired as hell. I couldn't sleep last night." I said.

"Why not? Is everything okay?" She asked, and I shrugged in response.

"I don't know. I'm just thinking bout a conversation I had with Ashton the other night." I said and she smiled at me, sitting in the seat across from me at the table.

"What's bothering you about it." She asked.

"Well, I accidentally called him cute, so he  asked me why I thought that and I told him, and he didn't really believe me at first. He said that he was told he'd never have a chance with me, and I said it's not true. He told me I'm not like any of the other girls he's met. He told me I was cute, and he kissed me." I explained and mum just nodded.

"Well honey, Ashton and you are two different people. He seems like he knows what he's doing with his life. You're just figuring it out as you go. People would never imagine you together. However, I think he's a sweet boy and you're a sweet girl and that's why you are attracted to one another." Mum said and I shrugged.

"I'm just worried about what'll happen at school." I said as I pushed my food around with my fork.

"Why's that?" She asked

"I didn't tell you all about my friends did I?"

"You told me you aren't friends anymore, but you didn't tell me why."

"Basically, they told me I can't be friends with Ash because he's a nerd. He wears glasses, gets good grades, knows what he wants in life, and he's different. I did it anyway, they attacked him in the hallway and made an ass out of him and me. I just don't wanna put him in the middle of that again." I said and my mum sighed and shook her head.

"Leah, if that's what their reaction was then they aren't really true friends are they. If you like Ashton, let him know. If you end up loving him, let the world know. People who don't like it, they don't matter. All that matters is if you like they way things are going." My mum said and I smiled slightly at her.

"I totally support you liking him. He seems like a sweet guy who isn't in it just for the sex."

"He's not mum. I was the first girl he ever kissed. He's a virgin, at eighteen, not many boys can say that. I don't think he's just using me. I think he genuinely like me."

A/n-This is just a filler kind of thing. :)

Also, I'm kinda drunk (oops?) So if there is any mistakes please tell me so I can fix them. :)

I love you munchkins!

~Allie xx