Chapter eight

You stayed attached to Guzma's side almost everyday. You'd be around him when he went out, went to go battle, when he went to go eat, and other daily activities. Despite his punny personality and how many snarky remarks he makes, he's actually a very pleasant guy to be around. He makes life seem like it's worth living. And even Superior eventually grew to like him. But only a little bit, not much.
You had tagged with Guzma and watched as he ransacked and took a bunch of Pokémon and placed them in a small sack. "Ok, time to head back." He said casually as we walked down the pathway from where you guys came from. You still never got to know the geography of the islands, so for all you knew, you were somewhere. And Guzma was your compass.
As you two were walking, Guzma stopped in his tracks and gazed over to you. His eyes shining wth curiosity. "Hey, (y/n)..." he said softly as you turned to face him, your eyes looking back into his. "Why have you been tagging wth me for a while now? I mean.. I know I take you almost everywhere, but I don't take you literally EVERYWHERE I go." Guzma asked out of sheer curiosity.
You gulped harshly and felt a small cold sweat take over you. "U-Uhm..." you mumbled as your face heated up to high temperatures. You fiddled with the sleeves of your jacket as his gaze never left you.
"C-Cause..." you said as you began to keep walking forward, heading to the team skull base, your pace getting faster with each step.
"(Y/n)." Guzma said sternly as you stopped walking and turned to look at him with an intense blush. "Y-Yes, Guzma?..." you asked as you shook on the spot as he approached you and held his hand on your shoulder.
"Why do you keep following me everywhere? What's wrong?" He asked, sounding concerned. You looked him dead in his eyes and decided to be honest.
"The r-reason why I'm following you is..." you said nervously as you fidgeted with the sleeves of your jacket. "I-It's because I-I wanna make sure you're safe." You lied as you smiled softly.
That was the breaking point, you couldn't tell him the truth, not yet.
Guzma looked you dead in the eyes and could easily tell, "Stop lying to me and tell me the truth, (y/n).." he said in a soft tone. You sighed as you shakingly took his hands. "Guzma... I feel that I like you." You said, being as honest as you can be.
"I also over heard you and Plumeria talking about this "President" character..." you mumbled as you felt Guzma tense a bit at the name of "President."
You stepped back a bit, you knew you shouldn't have brought up president. "I-I'm sorry... I didn't mean to bring up President.. I'm so sorry." You said softly as you frowned and turned to walk away back to Po town. Until something caught you off guard. You felt a pair of strong and sturdy arms wrap around you, seemingly in a comforting matter.
"(Y/n)... I like you too." Guzma said quietly in your ear and nuzzles your cheek gently. You froze and blushes intensely. Guzma then let go of you and wrapped his arm around your neck and walked beside you to go to Po town. "Now, let's get back to the base, alright? Bet'cha everyone's waitin' for us~" Guzma said with confidence, being his usual self as you two walked together.
You giggled softly and nodded.
"I bet everyone's probably worried sick about us." You said with a soft smile as you saw Guzma smile back.
For the first time being here, you finally got to see a legitimate smile come from the Big Bad Boss Guzma.
To you, it felt heart warming. And it only made you really start to like him more.