BreeCandace💕

Bree 💓

My head was pressed against the cold window, dozing off, I been on the rode for about 6 hours now with 3 more to go. Florida State University, I still couldn't believe it, I'm the first outta all of my family to go to college, I did two years already at a community college but this is the real deal. I was hesitant to even go but I had to get outta there, it's definitely not healthy to be in Jacksonville for the rest of your life, if you get a way out, you gotta take it, or you gone be like everybody else, just making it. I'm leaving behind 3 sisters, and I miss them already, good thing Tallahassee not that far because I'm definitely gonna be visiting every chance I get.
Me and my sisters have been on our own since I was 15 and being the third oldest and having to sacrifice and take on a lot was a hassle and now that my youngest sister is 18 and graduated, we doing this college experience together,

"Why you so quiet?" India asked glancing at me then back to the road. Did I not mention that my youngest is also FSU bound also?

"Girl I was bout sleep and I'm hella nervous, you not? I asked sitting up.

"Hell nah, I'm excited, I'm trinna see all the fine niggas, and hit all the lit parties." Sticking out her tongue.

"And go to all yo classes and do all yo work." I added obviously killing her mood.

"Now I'm starting to think this same college thing was a bad idea." She said rolling her eyes.

"Like you had a choice." I chuckled.

All I could do was laugh. I'm not gone make her stay in and study everyday but she does need to be reminded where her focus should be.

I honestly could care less about niggas and parties, I'm not really a social butterfly like India, I mean I'm far from boring, just a little reserved, most people would call it bein shy.

Every since middle school I've been that way, growing up poor, not having new clothes or shoes each year, kids always teased me. It got bad in high school when our parents left, it put so much strain on Brooke and Morgan, having to provide for India, Crystal, and myself, they did whatever was necessary.

I guess I gained a lot of weight during that time. I mean my mother is a heavy woman so it's kinda genetic. I was known as "tha big girl" throughout high school, my self confidence was at an all time low, I didn't even bother trying to make friends, my sisters were all I had.

You can definitely say they did a good job with us, I'm 20, kid free, and on my way to college. We worked hard to be where we're at and it wasn't always easy, I love my sisters to the death of me.

"What you plan on doin when we get there?" India asked taking me out my thoughts again.

"WE have to get the apartment together,and WE gotta get our schedules, and since them bills don't pay themselves we need to be looking for jobs." I said putting emphasis on the WE.

"Okaay.. I hope you do plan on having a little fun Bree."

"Girl that Fashion Degree ain't gone get itself, when I feel like I'm where I need to be down here then I'll "have fun", we didn't come here to just "have fun" India, I wanna be something in life -

"Okay okay okay Bree, I understand." She said cutting me off, she knew this was gonna turn into a big life lesson speech, I'm known for giving them but you can't blame me I just want what's best for us.

"I'm just making sure, you're beautiful and all but looks aren't everything India, having fun, friends and "niggas" don't get you no where, that's not what it's all about, you gotta use your head, don't expect nobody to take care of you that's your job."