Chapter VI

Once Carter got home, she was filled with the urge to stay home the rest of the afternoon and to do nothing instead going out in search of her friends. She got a couple of texts and calls from her friends who were curious as to where she was, and she told them she was home for the day and they were welcome to come over. Penny and Kim were the only ones who bother to make the commune to her small house on the other side of town. Everyone else texted her pathetic excuses, not that she really cared. Kim only came because she liked to follow her twin around. Both girls shared their curly blonde goldilocks style hair, as well as dazzling blue eyes and noses Carter was sure movie stars would kill for. She decided to head into the shower and get clean before they arrived. The doorbell rang and Carter's mum let them in. They ran up the stairs waiting for Carter in her room when she finally it out of the shower.

"Hey Twinnies." Carter chuckled as she walked into the room from her connecting bathroom wearing shorts and an off-the-shoulder tee-shirt. She wasn't even surprised to see them already there. She towelled off her hair, grateful for the feeling of being clean and fresh. She sat next to them on her bed.

"Hi!" they both giggled at the same time. It was sometimes odd how they unconsciously tried to be as stereotypical as they could be. It was odd, but very funny sometimes.

"Did you talk to Patrick after training yet?" Carter asked Penny and Kim scoffed.

"Penny would never make the first move. She is waiting patiently for him to ask her out."

Penny just blushed modestly and stayed out of the conversation of course, being classic Penny. For the rest of the afternoon the three continued in the same manor. They talked and laughed together. Kim left at five, saying she had some work to do, but Penny and Carter both knew she was just blowing them off to go hang out with her boyfriend, Jasper. So it ended up just being Penny and Carter and soon after, Penny called home to check if it would be okay with her parents if she stayed for dinner at the Miller's. Of course it was alright, so Penny stayed for dinner. It wasn't until after they dug through the large box of cheese pizza that the conversation changed from light-hearted gossiping to the thing Carter knew was inevitable.

"The girls didn't want to come over because they are starting to get a little ticked off..." Penny confessed. Carter looked at her curiously, giving her a look that asked her to continue.

"When are you planning on telling us that you are a werewolf?" Penny pressed with a heavy sigh.

Carter could only look down. When she looked up Penny just looked disappointed. It made carter's stomach hurt.

"The Alpha says I can't talk to you about it yet..." She admitted shyly and Penny observed the quiet reluctance girl Carter turned into at the mention of the obviously taboo subject. Penny knew she shouldn't press it if it was a direct order from the Alpha, but she couldn't quite help herself.

"Well maybe you should talk to the Alpha soon... I don't know how long those nosy girls can cope..." She chuckled and it made Carter smile a bit.

"I will talk to him soon, I promise." Carter swore, offering her pinkie out to swear it as they had always done.

"I mean we all know you are a werewolf, it's pretty obvious... We doubted it first, you know... I mean you're a girl so we were confused... But when you continued to train and once a month you totally flipped out on a scale that was way off normal PSMing... We just want to know what's happening and why it's happening..." Penny sighed and Carter looked at her, feeling a heavy guilt in her chest, that was being pressed down but her mind, as it reminded her of her Alpha's command all those years ago.

"I want to tell you everything. I really do, but I can't... Not now at least. I am going to petition it to the Alpha though, I swear."

Penny nodded quietly and decided that was enough for now; she got the group's point across. The two girls just sat awkwardly.