Original | Chapter Seven

"I call shotgun!" I yell.

"No, I call shotgun!" Jordan argues with an amused smirk.

"I'm a guest."

"Technically, you're now a permanent liability," She sticks her tongue out.

"In that case, so are you," I retort.

Jordan opens her mouth to say something, but Demi beats her to it.

"Just play rock, paper, scissors," She laughs. "Best two out of three."

I look at Jordan as she looks at me. With a shrug, I place my right, closed fist into my left palm as Jordan does the same.

"Ready?" I question.

She nods.

"I win!" I exclaim, sticking my tongue out after the third game.

Jordan tries to fake a pout but ends up laughing at my enthusiasm.

The car ride is drowned in a comfortable silence, except for the distant hum of the radio. I squeal with recognition as I turn the volume up.

"Baby, when they look up at the sky, we'll be shooting stars just passing by. You'll be coming home with me tonight, and we'll be burning up like neon lights," I sing as Demi rolls her eyes.

Eventually, all three of us end up harmonizing the song.

"And that was a throwback from Demi Lovato with 'Neon Lights'," the radio DJ announces.

"They make me sound old," Demi groans.

I open my mouth, but she points her finger at me.

"Don't even think about it."

I smirk.

"Weren't you in, like, your twenties when you had me?" I question.

"That's not old!" She defends.

"I never said it was," I laugh. "You're the one who's just assuming shit."

She shoots me a look as we reach a red light.

"You're the one who's just assuming things," I rephrase.

"Much better," she comments with a nod, causing me to roll my eyes. "And excuse the hell out of me for not having a baby at, like, fourteen," She rolls her eyes.

"Ooh, that'd be so cool!" I squeal. "Jordan, could you imagine having a mom fourteen years older than you?" I question.

She just laughs and shakes her head.

"Don't either of you be going and getting any ideas," Demi warns.

"Gross!" I exclaim

"That's disgusting!" is Jordan's response.

"As long as you two think that, then we're good," Demi smirks.

I roll my eyes again.

"Speaking of, um, that," Jordan nervously clears her throat.

I can't help but laugh.

"Why can't you just say 'sex'?" I wonder, knowing that she probably won't answer me.

I bet she's blushing so much right now.

"Have you ever had a boyfriend?" Jordan inquires of me, probably desperate for a subject change.