Chapter 4

Who the heck is Vanessa, and why would Ross be texting her?! I feel the brown envy monster eating away at my stomach. Okay, let me back it up so you understand. During lunch the next day, after my heart to heart conversation and make out session with Ross, I go to the picnic table that he and Shawn usually sit at. I guess I assume Ross likes me or something, and they wouldn't mind me here. Shawn's backpack was on the table along with Ross's phone. Ross's phone lights up, indicating he has a new message. Oh, it's probably just his friend.  Then I realize this only friends were Shawn and I. That's weird, I think. Who else would be texting him? I looked over and the name Vanessa flashed on the screen. Automatically, I get super jealous. Why was Ross texting a girl with the name Vanessa? Were they dating? I pick up his phone, but I didn't open it. It would be wrong to snoop through his messages... Oh who cares! It doesn't matter if he's dating anybody, because technically Ross isn't 'mine'. I couldn't contain my curiosity any longer. I swipe his lock-screen and opened the thread of messages between Ross and Vanessa. Vanessa's text reads, "I'll be at your house at 5 today." My stomach churns and I think I'm going to puke. Were they that serious that she goes to his house? Ross has never invite me to his house before. I hear Ross's voice, so I quickly put his phone back and just sit there forcing a smile onto my face as they walk over. 
"Hey what are you doing here?" Ross asks and kisses me on the cheek. Don't kiss me you butthole! I just read you texting another girl, , who's coming to your house! I stand up and mutter,
 "I have to go, bye." I say clutching my books to my chest and walk off, leaving a very confused Ross. 

---------------------------------------------------

"Please take me to Ross's house?" I beg Shawn. 
Shawn quirks an eyebrow at me, "May I ask why?" I shake my head but say,
"Can you please just take me at 5? I just really want to see him." I lie through my teeth. Shawn sighs, 
"Sure I guess. Ross doesn't like people coming to his house though." Then why is a girl named Vanessa going? I scream silently in my head. 
"Thanks." I run off to find Kristen, to tell her my dilemma. 
"Omg no way!" Kristen gasps after I tell her my story. I nod, my eyes looking dejectedly at my shoes. "I told you he's up to no good!" Kristen hisses. 
"That's unfair!" I defend, "Maybe she's his sister or something. I don't know the whole story." Kristen rolls her eyes at me and replies,
"There you go defending him again. But you're right, you don't know the whole story. So you should go there at five, dressed up all sexy and irresistible." 

--------------------------------------------

"Try this on!" Kristen throws a floral tank at me. "With these!" and I fling a pair of white jean shorts. After school, Kristen came over to help prep me up for the confrontation. I tell her not to, but she insists that once Ross lays his eyes on me, he would choose me over any girl. And if the girl turns out to be nobody to worry about, then I could happily kiss him while looking very nice. I groan just thinking about Ross with another girl. Determined, I put on the clothes, and let Kristen put on some light makeup. She braids my hair, rubs some BB cream, put a thin line of eyeliner, and some mascara. I rub some lip gloss, and I am set to go. 
"Thanks so much!" I exclaim as I hug Kristen. 
"No problem! Even though I don't like Ross, I hope you get him!" Honk! Honk! I hear Shawn's car and I rush to get in. He lets out a low wolf whistle. 
"Damn you look good!" I blush and play with the end of my hair.
"T-Thanks." I stammer. He starts driving and I realize that we are going towards the less rich section of town. The houses are smaller and more run down, but I don't mind. 
"As you've probably noticed, Ross doesn't live in a very good neighborhood." I nod and observe a tattered grocery store as we pass. "Well here we are!" I thank Shawn, and wave goodbye. Now I'm standing on Ross's front doorstep, contemplating whether I should knock or just barge in and accuse him of being with a girl. Obviously I end up knocking the door. When nobody answers, I slowly I turn the doorknob, to my surprise to find it unlocked. 
"Hello?" I softly call out? I hear a girl's laugh coming from the kitchen, the Ross's voice follow. Oh my god, I panic, he is here with another girl. My feet seem to move by themselves as they carry me to the sound of their voices. Although Vanessa and Ross weren't in an intimate position, they were still together, sitting on opposite ends of the table. I want to scream and shout, how could you? But instead I whimper, causing both their heads to turn around and look at me in surprise. 
"Courtney? What are you doing here?" Instead of facing Ross about the situation, I run away as fast as I can. My feet pounding down the sidewalk, taking me far as possible. "Courtney!" I hear Ross shout, "Why are you running?" His footsteps get closer and closer until I feel a hand grab my arm. 
"Let go of me!" I yell at him. 
"No," Ross looks me at me seriously, "I'm never letting you go." My breath hitches at his words, and I want to hug him, but I firmly stand my ground. "Now tell me why you're running away from me." 
I am in hysterics now, blurring, "I thought our kiss yesterday meant something, but I was obviously wrong. " I sniff and wipe my eyes. Ross tilts my chin up, so I am staring into his brown eyes that I love so much. 
"Of course our kiss meant something to me. It meant everything to me." 
"Then why is there a girl sitting in your house right now?" I glare and stomp on his foot. I know I'm acting foolish, but I want answers. 
"Are you jealous?" I can hear the amusement laced in his voice. 
"Wh-what?!" I stutter, "Of course not! I mean we aren't in a relationship, so you can be with as many girls as you want, but I thought maybe- oh nevermind!" I cry in frustration. It was pointless trying to explain it to Ross. 
"You're right, I can be with anybody I want," Ross says, which breaks my heart. "But, I don't want to be with anybody but you." I look up at Ross, shining with happiness. 
"Really?" I ask all giddy. 
"Really." Ross smiles a real smile, then leans into kiss me. The mind blowing kiss takes my breath away. Unlike our other one, this one is slow, loving, and passionate, not rough and fast. Oh I love all of his kisses. I run my fingers through his hair and press his lips even closer, if that's possible. Finally we both come up for air. "Come on, I'll introduce you to Vanessa."

----------------------------------------------

"Vanessa, meet Courtney. Courtney, meet Vanessa who is my therapist." What!?! I just stare at Vanessa in surprise, I did not see that coming.  Vanessa stands up and sticks her hand out, "Hi Courtney. I've heard a lot about you. I'm Vanessa, 25 and married." I blush tomato red, embarrassed that I just assumed Ross was with Vanessa. Vanessa is so nice too! I shake her hand and quietly asks,
"What ha-ave you heard about m-me?" 
Vanessa grins and replies, "At our sessions, the only thing Ross talks about is you." She gives me a little and laughs. I glance at Ross, who is starting to blush. Awe, that's so cute! "Well I'm going to go now!" Vanessa picks up her bag and waves at us, "I'll text you for our next meeting! And nice to finally meet you, Courtney!" Vanessa leaves, leaving Ross and I in an awkward situation. I just stands there playing with the hem of my shirt, while Ross just nervously rubs his neck. At last, Ross clears his throat. 
"Um, by the way you look really beautiful." I giggle and wrap my arms around his neck, and pull him close. 
"Thanks, Jessica dressed me up so you would choose me over any girl." Ross kisses my nose and whispers huskily, "You could've just came over without any clothes. I think I would have preferred that." I gasp at his boldness, and feel blood rushing back up to my face. 
"N-never happening!" Ross lets out a deep throaty laugh, and when he stops laughing he asks,
"What are you looking at?"
I coyly shake my head, "Nothing..." 
"Sure..." Ross's eyes had a mischievous glint in them. Uh oh, I thought to myself. He tackles me onto the ground and start tickling me. 
"AHHHH STOP! PLEASE!" I couldn't stop laughing, and I fall like I am going to die. "ROSS! MY STOMACH-" I tried to catch my breath in between my laughing. "HURTS! STOP!" Hunter chuckles,
"Say that I'm a sexy beast that you'd like to tap, and I'll stop. I shake my head, and Ross attacks my stomach with his fingers again. Tears are coming out of my eyes and I kept laughing. I haven't felt this happy and carefree in years, since my dad left. 
"OKAY FINE! Ross is a sexy beast that I'd like to tap!" I scream. Ross smirks and finally he stops tickling me.
"That's my girl." He kisses me and tells me, "I'm going to go to the bathroom." I nod and wait for him on the sofa. RING! RING!
"Hello?" There is a silence on the other end. "Hello?" I ask again.
"...Courtney?" A familiar voice fills my ears. I gasp. 
"Dad?!" 

-----------------

A/N: Hey my amazing readers!! Can you do me a favor? This story isn't getting a lot of reads, likes or anything, so if you could tell  this story to your  friends, it would be helpful... Please and thank you!!!! Love you all... Bye for now- C