Chapter 3

( A/N: sorry for any typos, I'm not the best at spelling :/ )

*Two weeks later*

(POV) Peeta

Katniss has been acting strange these past two weeks. When she had said "real" to me, I watched as her face went from happiness to a thoughtful, unsure, expression. She had tried to cover it up but I can read her so well.

I wonder what she was thinking. Every time I go to put my arms around her I feel her stiffen. And every time I try to kiss her she pulls aways and avoids my eyes.

I find myself slowly pulling away from her as well. And now, we aren't even talking anymore.

During these past two weeks Delly Cartwright has come over to see us a couple of times. She always finds something positive to say, something that will lift my spirits. I find myself looking forward to her next visit...

(POV) Katniss

Peeta's pulling away from me. How do I know? We haven't talked for over a week now. He doesn't even try to hug me anymore.

He's been paying more attention to Delly than anyone. I watch him watch her. With that look in his eyes. The way he used to look at me.

It's strange, I don't feel any jealousy or anger towards Delly. I don't feel the pull towards Peeta anymore. My thoughts are always on Gale. His smile, the way his eyes would light up every time he saw me. The way his hands feel. Strong and hard, but still soft, caring, loving. I find myself missing the way he would stop at nothing to protect me and my family. But most of all, I miss the way his lips feel on mine.

I can't take this anymore.

I turn to Peeta,

"Peeta, we need to talk" I say.

(A/N: I HOPE MY FEW READERS ARE ENJOYING THIS ILY ALL<3)