Chapter 6

(POV) Katniss

When I see Gale walk off the train, I can't stop my emotions from flowing through. I watch as his eyes find me. They light up so bright. I run towards him, throwing myself into his open arms. That's when the tears start. I bury my head in his chest and take a deep breath. I've missed him so much. I feel his hand on my chin as he tilts my head up so I'm looking straight at him. His thumb glides over me cheeks, wiping my tears. I smile at him. The first real smile in a long time. And suddenly, I'm pressing my lips to his. I feel his strong arms tighten around me and he drops his game bag. I recognized the bag right away. I used to see it every day. When we break apart, I realize that it's him I love. I always have, ever since I've met him. It's just taken me a while to notice it.

"Hey, Catnip." He mumbles. His hands move to brush away the hair that has fallen to my face. His eyes never leave mine, almost like he's afraid that if he looks away I'll disappear.

"Gale... I..." I stutter. I have to say it. And I know this is real. I love him. "Gale, I love you. I've known it ever since I met you. When we were both so young. You mean so much to me. And I love you. I'm so sorry it's taken me so long to realize it."

(POV) Gale

I can't believe it. It's all come true. All my hopes and dreams. It's all real. She loves me. She really does.

"Katniss... I love you too. I love you more than anything. I've never loved anyone like I love you." I tell her. And it's the truth. The woman standing in front of me is my world. I watch as tears stream down her face and I can feel my own tears on my cheeks. But they aren't tears of sadness, these are the happiest tears I've ever shed.

(A/N sorry for the short chapter! I just really wanted to update!!)