Chapter 1

Lucy's Point of View

As Gray walks into the room, my heart thumps and I become unable to take my eyes off of him. I don't know when it happened or how it happened, but I've fallen in love with him.

Natsu approaches me with a smile on his face. "Hey Lucy," he says cheerfully.

I snap out of my daze and respond, "Hi Natsu. Hi Happy."

"What were you staring at Lucy?" Happy asks me innocently.

"H-huh? Oh um... nothing." I quickly reply.

Natsu suddenly grabs my hand and starts dragging me towards the guild doors. "Natsu! Let go! Where are you taking me?" I demand shocked and slightly annoyed.

He looks at me with his boyish smile and just says, "There's something I want to show you."

He pulls me out of the guild hall and leads me to his house. Outside his house is a giant fish. I look at the fish confused.

"See Lucy! It looks just like you," Happy says.

Natsu laughs cheerful and chuckles, "Happy found it and was really insistent on showing you. After all, it could be your identical twin."

"How does that thing even slightly resemble me," I scream at them.

We head back to the guild hall as I scold them. When we arrive the guild is as lively as always. Of course Natsu joins the fighting immediately.

I duck as a chair comes flying towards me, and look back when I don't hear the cracking noise I expected.

Behind me, Erza is standing in the doorway holding the chair. When the other members see her, everyone freezes except for Gray and Natsu.

Erza walks up to Natsu and Gray and grabs their heads. Their expressions immediately go to mortified. Ezra smashes their heads together and they both collapse on the floor.

As Erza walks away I run up to Natsu and Gray. "Are you okay?" I ask Gray, but Natsu, who thought I was talking to him, groans in response to my question.

I walk away, irritated and depressed. "If only I could tell Gray how I feel. Natsu always gets in the way, but even so I can't hate him. Ugh, why is love so complicated?" I think to myself.

Hey guys, so this is my first attempt at making a Fairy Tail fanfic, not to mention a GrayLu one. I'm making this story as requested by ashl321 I will try to update it soon, but I've been busy lately with moving into a new house and school so yeah. Well I hope it's not too bad. Bye!