Chapter 16

I walked into Alaric's classroom, "hello everyone." I said, and sat down at Alaric's desk, "alright. What are y'all learning about?"
"We have a sub today?" A girl in the front row of desks asked.
"No you do--" Alaric paused mid sentence, mid room. I smiled.
"What?" I said still smiling.
"Good to see you again."
"I just saw you a few days ago, Salzman."
"Right."
"Can I stay on your chair?" I asked.
"Sure." He said, I smiled.
"Great. Your already my favorite teacher sir." I said, I put my feet on the desk.
"So what have we been learning about?" Alaric asked and skimmed threw this notes for today's class. A girl raised her hand and Alaric gave her his full attention.
"We were studying about the 60's all week, because of the dance tonight." She said.
"Thank you. The sixties... what good can I say about the 60's." He asked, I scoffed.
"Nothing, but the Beatles. Everything else sucked, I prefer a more stylish decade. Like the 20's perhaps!"
"I couldn't agree more." Alaric said.
"May I help you teach Alaric?"
"Sure thing."
"Alright." I stood up and wrote on the board, 'the sixties, one of the most exciting years for the colored folks', "now the reason I say this is because as you know. Segregation ended their, but now it still kinda happens. Like take muslims for an example. People think that they are horrible people because of the bombings. But you guys have to remember that not all people are bad. Just like not all white people were slave owners, just like how it all Mexicans are criminals-- the only people that are all the same are Canadians, they are all nice people." I said, the class laughed, at the corner of my eye I saw Alaric smirking at me. Such a familiar smirk.