Canecllations

Dear diary,
Today harry and I were meant to go out.

We planned to go see the lake as it hits evening, how the sun sets down and how the swans float elegantly across.

I made jam and butter sandwiches and cut them into little heart shapes, I baked chocolate chip muffins and a batch of malteaser caramel tarts.

I wore my satin green dress that reached just below my knees, I matched it with a low pair of golden velvet heel. I even dolled my face up to, I winged my eyes, curled my lashes and coated mascara and wore some foundation, blusher and lipgloss.

As I was going down to grab the foods and put them in a basket my phone rang.

My heart was beating rather abnormally as his name was flashing up.

I answered it without a second thought and I gushed on about the food and my new dress and how I was so excited to sit by the old lake with him.

But then he said:

"Baby girl, daddy is busy tonight so we're not going"

Something about his tone made me question whether he really was busy.

I was frowning in and out but I told him it's fine and with that he hung the phone.

After all he was a business man and I know daddy cares about me. He'd have to be really busy to miss our special times together.

I stopped questioning my daddy and tried not to feel so upset, instead I washed my face and got into my comfiest pjs before snacking on the food I made and watching friends from season one.

After a season or so I heard the keys rattle and I watched mother and father walk in.

"Honey why are you awake" mother giggles and I shrug.

"How was the ball" I ask daddy about his little business date.

"Have a look for yourself darling, daddy needs to use the gents" he laughs and mother follows him up the stairs.

I take daddy's phone and scroll through the pictures, there's many and suddenly my eyes grasp on to one.

I frantically scroll back up to find a picture of harry, my father and Katie drinking wine merrily.

Butterflies stirred in my stomach and it felt as if a lump was stuck in my throat.

I felt down and stupid.

I didn't want to assume the worst but the worst was all that was clouding my mind.

Was my daddy using me?

Anyways I've got school tomorrow so I should probably be in bed

Mary-Rose Anne x