School day

I woke up in the morning not feeling so hurt but more confused.

Was I entitled to even be hurt? It's not as if harry and I were claimed to be anything. He was just my daddy.

I quickly got my uniform on and headed downstairs, I had toast and tea before leaving the house for school.

The day started with maths.

I couldn't have felt more sick then sitting at a 9am class and working out sums for an hour.

The lesson seemed to drag until the door opened and all eyes peeled upwards.

Mrs Corbet came into our class with a boy standing next to her.

He was tall, slim and dark. His eyes were a light hazel yet his face gave off gloom.

Both teachers exchange words and I watch as he walks over to the empty seat near me.

God I have to act natural I say mentally as I continuously watch him like a hawk.

"It'll last longer if you take a picture" he chuckles and I feel myself redden.

"I'm Dylan by the way, just in case you wanted to know" he smiles and I watch his jaw move.

"I'm Mary-Rose Anne" I cough.

"Whoa that's a long name"

"Just say Mary" I shrug

"Mary" he smiles.

"So what's your deal?" I ask him and he raises his eyebrow. "What brings you here"

"We moved houses"

"You're new to the area" I say more to myself.

"How are the people here? The teachers and shit?"

"Well, the teachers are ok and some of the pupils are nice. Well most are horribly disgusting"

"You're funny" he nudges me and I watch him carefully.

"Do you want me to show you around after class?" I shyly ask and then instantly want to take it back when he doesn't reply.

"Yeah why not" he smiles and I bite my lips.

"Good, I get to miss class" I grin.

~
It was the end of the school day, me and Dylan were walking towards the school gates.

"Thanks for today" he smiles

"You should be thankful, I spent valuable learning hours on you"

"Oh I'm sorry miss education is life" he throws his arm over my shoulder and although it's awkward I slightly like it.

As I'm laughing with Dylan my jaw almost falls to the floor when I see harry waiting outside my school leaning on his car door.

"Something wrong?" Dylan looks down at me as we stop walking for a second.

"Erm no nothing I just trod on something" I lie and we continue to walk but I'm stopped again only this time when I hear my name.

"Mary-rose Anne!" I hear harry call and I roll my eyes before turning around.

Harry's eyes display something I can't tell, he watches me intently and I feel myself squirm.

"I think I have to go" I say to Dylan who looks back between me and the car.

"Stay safe, I'll see you tomorrow" he says and I watch him walk off.

Harry's engine turns on and I make my way over to his car.