THURSDAY 10:15

"Are you Felix?"

Felix looked up from his phone and found a black haired boy staring down at him, a black snap back atop his head.

"Yeah."

"Cool. I'm Jonas," he said, holding out a hand for him to shake.

Felix stared at his hand and raised a brow.

"Wow, she said you were going to be difficult, but I didn't expect this much," he said, taking back his hand. "Look, we've got a thing around here called a russ bus. You want to join?"

"Do you see my leg?" he asked.

Jonas' eyes flickered down, then went back up to Felix. "What about it?"

"I can't party. I need my crutches with me and that doesn't work well in tight spaces. I can't drink, because I'm on medication."

"So? Nobody's forcing you to do any of that. Just come to the party, sit on the couch, hang out with people, make out with someone, whatever. Nobody cares what you do," Jonas said, then he paused. "Actually, if you go down on a girl, people are going to care because they'll start lining up."

"How are you supposed to have fun at a party if you don't drink or dance?"

Jonas shrugged. "Who says you can only have fun like that? People talk at parties, too. They flirt. They get high."

"I'm on meds."

"Right,"  Jonas said. "Sana's a Muslim, but she comes to party with us. She doesn't drink or smoke or anything like that, and she still has fun. If you have a shitty attitude towards everything, then you're going to have a shitty time. Just let go, dude."

The bell rang, and the teacher stopped into the room.

Jonas sighed and secured his hat tighter around his head. "We can talk more later, if you want."

Felix gave him no reply, and Jonas didn't wait for one, choosing to go to the back, where his seat was next to a blonde boy in a beanie.