FRIDAY 12:14

It was a pain in the ass to get up there, but at least there was nobody bothering him. At least, that was what he thought until he opened the door to the rooftop and saw Isak, Jonas, and a few other boys smoking weed.

Felix rolled his eyes and shook his head, but otherwise ignored them as he made his way to the other end of the roof.

They all followed him with their eyes, watching as he took a seat on one of the generators.

"That's dangerous," Isak called.

"So is smoking weed," Felix replied.

"No, it isn't," Isak argued, letting out a puff as if it would prove his point.

"Tell me again in ten years if you're not dead," Felix told him.

Jonas could feel a sense of hostility around Felix that wasn't present in all of his previous interactions with him. Felix was guarded, but never cruelly hostile. 

Jonas handed his weed to one of his friends before walking over to Felix, who'd shut his eyes and tilted his head towards the sky.

Felix sighed. "What?"

"Just checking in on you," Jonas told him. "You okay?"

"I'm fine."

Jonas sighed and ran his fingers through his hair. "I'm not going to eat you. I genuinely care about you because you're my friend. Is there something going on?"

Felix opened one eye and stared at Jonas for a few moments, then shifted his gaze to the other boys across the roof, who immediately stopped staring at Felix and went back to conversing amongst themselves.

"The can't hear us from here," Jonas assured him, speaking in a lower voice. "Plus, they care about you, too."

Felix opened his other eye and went back to staring at Jonas. He hesitated before opting to tell Jonas. "A girl tried to kiss me yesterday."

Jonas raised a brow, not seeing where the problem was. "So?"

"I knew you wouldn't understand," Felix muttered.

"Hey, hey, you haven't explained anything to me," Jonas said. "You've had a foursome before, so I would think you'd be used to kissing girls by now."

He was right. "It came out of nowhere. I pissed her off earlier and she came by my house after school to argue with me and tried to plant one on me."

"Yeah, that's a little creepy," Jonas agreed. "Do you like her?"

"I don't like anybody."

Jonas rolled his eyes. "Okay, Dr. House. I'll agree what she did was not cool, but that doesn't describe your hostility right now."

Felix allowed a moment of silence to pass before he answered. "My ex was going to break up with me the day of the accident, but she felt bad about her own image of dumping a crippled guy at his lowest point, so she continued dating me for another four months and cheated on me with my best friend. The girls I hooked up with after we broke up had this cripple fantasy all of a sudden that made me feel dirty."

"That's rough. I'm sorry," Jonas told him sincerely. "Your ex is a bitch and those hookups were cruel. No wonder you didn't like the kiss from the girl that came by your house yesterday."

Felix sighed and nodded his head.

Another moment of silence passed before Jonas spoke. "Want to get burgers after school?"