My Memories

I wasn't sure how long it had been before I stopped crying. Once I did I lifted my head and sniffed, only to see a huge wet spot on Axel's shirt. It was at this point that I realized Axel wasn't wearing the cloak anymore. He must have changed when we entered this world, but I was too convinced that it was a dream to notice. It was a simple outfit. He wore a dark red  T-shirt to match his hair and baggy blue jeans with simple black sneakers. It wasn't anything fancy.

"I think I ruined your shirt." I commented as I looked at the wet spot again.

Axel waved a hand. "It'll dry." He reassured me.

I sat up on my own and looked at the town before asking, "Why did you keep the name Axel instead of using your original name, Lea?"

Axel shrugged. "I don't know. I guess because it sounds cooler."

"And Roxas?"

"Well, I wanted to keep the name he died with...Roxas. But he kept his name because, well, he thought you would like it better."

I blinked a tear away. "I don't know. I just still can't believe that this all happened...And I was just asleep, ignoring everything. I feel...Horrible."

Axel put his arm over my shoulders. "Don't worry about it. It wasn't your fault."

I sighed, but it just came out as a stutter. "But...Roxas is dead...I can't bring him back." I brought my knees up to my chest and wrapped my arms around them, linking my hands together.

Axel took his arm off of me and got to his feet. He looked down at me, holding out his hand. "Come on. How about we visit other worlds? Maybe it'll get your mind off of this place."

"What about Namine? And the heartless?"

Axel closed his eyes for a moment and bowed his head. After a few seconds, he lifted his head and opened his eyes. "She knows. She said to be careful."

"O-okay..."

Namine seemed to be different than what I saw her from the game. I guess she was telepathic? That must be how Axel communicated with her. After all, anything could happen now that I'm in a place with magic.

"Besides, I need to help you with your battle skills. Surely you forgotten most of them." Axel shot me a smile when he realized I was zoning out a bit.

"Some."

"Cool. Okay, when we're finished training, we're going to need to recruit some people."

"Why?"

"Well, Xemnas wants to take over, or, destroy all the worlds. So, we need to stop him. That's why Roxas and I left, cause' we found out what his plan was. We tried to tell everyone, but they wouldn't listen. So, we need to go get some more people to believe us."

I nodded, looking into his green eyes. When he blinked, I suddenly started to think of Luke, and how much he looked like Axel. Maybe Namine meant to do that when I was asleep and make Luke look like Axel.

Axel suddenly started to chuckle. "What's so funny?" I asked, putting my hands on my hips.

"Your eyes." I tilted my head and blinked a couple of times, confused. "I don't think you've noticed, but they glow when the sun or the moon shines just in the right place."

I blushed and looked away. "Are you flirting?"

"Yes." Axel said. "But I am your boyfriend, after all."

I rolled my eyes, then playfully shoved him. "All right lover boy, are you gonna make a portal so we can get somewhere, or are you just gonna flirt?"