Chapter 2: Next Round Or Bust

ALICE'S POV

~2 WEEKS AFTER AUDITION~

I move around my bed trying to sleep but nothing seems to be happening. I can't sleep. I'm to excited to fall asleep. That's what I hate these days. Like when something exciting is going to happen the next day you can't sleep. You stay awake and it's like impossible and so you lie there and lie there with no progress in sleeping. It's currently 3:30am and I can still keep my eyes open. Since I can't fall asleep I might as well listen to the song I am using for Bootcamp.

I plug in my earphones into my phone and I listen to the lyrics. I have to keep listening to those lyrics I am singing as it's like only a 30- 1 minute audition for Bootcamp then comes the next stage and then the last stage and I see if I made it to Home Visits. I have to be there by 10am.

I take out one earplug to hear if anyones awake. And I hear footsteps at my door. There a soft knock and a voice calls my name. "Alice? Alice it's me open up." I can't make out who it is so I decide to go up to it and see if it calls out again.

I get up and I tip toe to the door and I hear the voice again. I open the door a little bit to check who it is. It's my brother Andrew. "Andrew what do you want?" I ask quietly. "Let me in, I need to talk to you." He responds. I slowly and carefully open the door to let him in. "Whats so urgent?" I ask him while he walks in and I shut the door.

"He's back." He manages to say taking a deep breath. "Who's back?" I ask. He sighs and says "Hunter." Oh god. No please. Hunter is my ex boyfriend. He broke my heart by cheating on me with five other girls and when he tried to get back together with me, he couldn't help himself but kiss my bestfriend right in front of me. Thats why I don't trust guys anymore. When a guy asks me out even if I really like him I would say no and just remain friends because I've been broken hearted, dumped and no one cared except my family.

"Where is he?" I ask gulping. "He's not here but he wants to get back together with you. He posted on Twitter look." Andrew gets up his Twitter and it reads...

@HuntersGonnaGetYa Going to get the girl I love who cheated on by accident. She will love me. Ill make her.

"Okay that is so creepy! Like Oh my god!" I say scared. I start to panic but my brother calms me down and gives me the hugest hug ever. "Don't you worry about him Alice. Ill take care of it. "Thanks." I smile. "Hey what time is it?" I ask. "Umm 6am." "I have 4 hours to get ready!" I panic waking up the rest of my family.

"ALICE AND ANDREW WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU BOTH ARE DOING!" My mum yells. "I'm so sorry we both are. I couldn't sleep and Andrew came in to talk to me as he had something to tell me. Then we realised the time and I panicked since I've only got 4 hours till Bootcamp." I explain. "Well I actually do have a letter for you Alice." Mum hands me a letter and I rip it open. I read through it carefully. I squeal. "Oh my gosh I got accepted into Campbelltown Performing Arts High School!" Everyone cheers and I have the biggest smile on my face.

My dream is coming all together. I got into the school of my dreams, singing on X Factor. X Factor. Oh My Gosh! I forgot about Bootcamp and it's 8:30!! I tell everybody to get out and so I get ready.I have a quick shower and then I put on my dress that I am wearing, my make up, I brush my hair and I rush downstairs and my whole family looks at me and eyes me up and down. "Aw Alice you look beautiful!" My mum says while she kisses my head. "Aw thanks mumma bear." I say.

"You ready to go?" Mum asks. "Yeah!" I grab my phone and my earphones and im out the door and in the car on the way to Bootcamp. "Im so nervous!" I tell my mum. "Dont worry about it. You will do fine." "Um mum?" I ask. "Yes honey?" She responds. "I'm not really going to Campbell am I?" I ask curiously. Mum looks at me for a quick second and looks back at the road. "Why would you ask that? Don't you want to go?" Mum asks. "Are you kidding me?! Ive been dying to go to that school ever since I can remember. Its supposed to be one of the best performing arts schools in the state! I was asking because you didn't say anything about it." I explain. "Alice. I didn't say anything because I didn't want to spill anything." She admits. "Wait a minute. Spill what?" I ask curiously.