Chapter 9: Now Your Gone

ETHAN'S POV

I couldn't believe it. Me and Beunka rushed all around trying to get in but we were blocked by a few policemen. I tried and tried and begged and begged to get in but we were declined everytime. I can't believe this. This was the best first date till now.

Beunka is crying and I am crying. I hold her in my arms while we both cry for a while when we hear a man yell "WE NEED HELP OVER HERE!" I look up. No please don't tell me it's one of them. Suddenly men start running in with medical bags. While the policemen arent looking me and Beunka run in the hotel. We can smell smoke. We can hear screaming. We can hear and smell everything you dont want to.

We go to run up the stairs but they fall down. Someone has put this place on fire...

I know it. It has smoke and there are fires around the place. Why would somebody do this? It gets really hot in here. I cant breathe properly..

BEUNKA'S POV

I look at Ethan. He is pale as a ghost. I start to panic. Then he faints.

I rush to him. "ETHAN! ETHAN! PLEASE ETHAN NO!" I yell and cry. I hear sirens outside and I think its the fire brigade. Peope rush in and one of the men spot me and Ethan. I have tears rolling down my cheeks. Its the first night and this happens? Why. I couldnt stop crying. The man picks up Ethan and rushes out. I was going to follow him but I decide to keep looking for my friends and my.. mum.

I run up the stairs as some break. I rush around the halls and going up all the stairs to find my room. I keep running and running and I reach it. The door is on the floor and it looks like no one has been here to rescue anyone. I run in and I cant see anyone. I check on Jai/Alice's bed and I see a foot. I run over and take all the rubble off and noticing it was... Jai.

He wakes up and hugs me tightly. "Where are the others?" I say. "I dont know. We were all sitting here and then someone smashed through our window and broke in. We all were scared. Then he pointed a gun at me and I didnt know what to do. He was about to pull the trigger when Alice came out and punched him in the face making him drop the gun. Suddenly when Alice runs to pick up the gun he grabs a knife and throws it at Alice but it missed her and then he grab out a lighter and threw it on the floor. Suddenly he jumps out of the window. Then I blanked out. Thats all I know that happened." He explains then coughing badly. "Jai get out of here. Please. Ill look for the others." I say. I help Jai up and he walks to the outside when suddenly the roof collpases and blocks the exit.

"Damn." I say. We both get up and I tell Jai to go sit outside on the balcony. He does what he is told and shuts the door behind him. "ALICE! MUM! PIPER! MICHELLE! TILDE!" I yell out their names. I hear a muffle. I run to the bathroom and I notice Tilde lying on the tiles. I run to her and check her pulse. She is breathing slowly. I see a big cut mark on her leg and I try to wake her up. Nothing happens. Then I hear a scream. "BEUNKA! I FOUND ALICE!" The voice yells. I pick up Tilde. Luckily shes light and I make my way down back. I notice Jai with Alice in his arms. He is crying. No please tell me Alice is alive.

I hear another scream. I put down Tilde then I run towards the scream dodging the flames that are igniting. It's getting really hot in here oh my god. I start swetting really badly. I start thinking about Ethan and that he is still outside. I hear another scream which makes me forget my train of thought on Ethan and I keep on running till I reach the end and this must of been the play area or someting for us. I see Piper underneath a tv covered in dust. I pick up the tv (god it was heavy) and moved it away then helped Piper up. "Oh my god Beunka!" She hugs me tight crying. "Are you okay?" I ask. "I am fine now thanks. Wheres the others?" She asks. "I found Tilde, Jai and Alice. Wheres my mum and Michelle?" I ask. "Your mum got rushed out before and they didnt see us here. Michelle is still in here somewhere. Ill help." She moves and suddenly falls over. "PIPER!" I scream helping her back up. "My leg. Ow. My head. Spinning.." She faints. "PIPER! PLEASE STAY WITH ME!" I cry yelling. I pick her up and carry her back to Jai.