Chapter 1 " Meeting Her Again"

• Dedicated to The Love Of My Life

So here I am. Waiting at the airport. For the girl, who's always stolen that piece of my heart and I could never quite understood how.

I could never grasp the reason why I felt the things I feel for her, but I just knew I had to see her again. After being together in a childhood romance and seeing the stunning beauty of a woman she's become, I've now given up trying to make it go away. In my deepest thoughts I knew, in myself, that I didn't really want to either. Not that I would admit it at some points in time...

The anticipation is thriving through my body. I'm shaking and my body feels numb, as if it's not in my control anymore. Do I run? It's what my body's saying.

The shock that I'm experiencing, knowing that I'll be meeting the love of my life again, has left me feeling alone and alienated for just a split second. But then I'm filled with hope. The hope that it will be my last.

I see people all around me. Meeting and greeting their loved ones, from an endless number of various stories and situations. I start to worry even more and pace myself up and down the aisle of seats where I sat.

Then I catch a glimpse and I know that even with the large crowd surrounding the arriving people, that I've seen her. I finally see her wavy black hair that dances with a dusting of purple in the sunlight and her golden, loveable eyes. Dressed as beautiful as I've ever seen, but that's not what is important to me right now. It's holding her, it's the only thing to secure this feeling inside to know that I have her back. In my arms. Once more.

Suddenly I regain control of my body, control of my fear stricken limbs. I frantically push people out of my way to try and find her. I start giving up thinking maybe it wasn't her and after upsetting a crowd of people - all murmuring profanities - maybe I should just accept that she's not here.

So I turn around when 'it' happens. I'm stood there at the edge of the crowd, staring at the most dazzling woman my eyes have ever met. It's easy to say over photos and videos that someone is good looking, but after being apart for 4 years, seeing how time changes us all, I couldn't be happier.

I feel tears start to build in my eyes and I can do nothing but lunge my arms around her. I don't need to say a word because she's in my arms and I can feel just how stressed she is by of all this, like me.

I feel the stress, that's built years before, float away like a bad dream. I know now all I needed was waiting for me, on this day, at this exact time and year.

As we finally let go of each other I already start to feel lost without her, the security that her arms gives me. We leave the airport and head out towards our new home in a taxi. I can't physically let go of her hand for the fear of losing her.

I hold the door open for my loved one, she climbs in the taxi and grabs my shirt and drags me in. I find myself sat on her lap, she gives me a squeeze and says " Come on close the door, I want to go home." So with that we leave, heading towards our new life. Its absolutely perfect, eveything about this moment, whether its the beautiful sunset dowsed in the romanctic colours or the fact theres no traffic in london and i have my girl in my arms. 

It feels like a movie, feels almost too good to be real, and in my life thats pretty much the way I think all the time, but this girl... this beautiful stunning woman, helped me through the hardest parts of my life. I had a hard childhood, it was full of abuse, violence and alcohol, and guess who was there for all of it? She was. To have such a deep connection to someone, about such tender things that if anyone dares brings up they have their head snapped off by a viscious remark, always to be regretted later on. Things are different now, time to look forward and not behind anymore, the one thing, the one stability is back with me and I feel like ive been drugged with thousands of calming pills, and for the first time in years im not contantly shaking.

We finally arrive at our new home. I purchased it a few years ago especially for this moment of when we were together again. The small cottage full with wooden furniture and a garden full of the sweetest roses and the prettiest butterflies. We take our bags and head down the path, I see my neighbour Angela come out of her front door, but I don't have time to stop, im rushing, i dont want to stop now for the fear of it not being real. I place our bags on our new duvets and i sit there, still in shock. I stare at her beautiful skin so balanced with the dark tones of her hair. Her eyes once again see into mine and i cant help but stand up and softly kiss her pink gentle lips, taking great care as if she was a china doll. Suddenly we burst with passion and clear the freshly laid duvets, shes found her way of holding me down while she sits on me. She sits up and we just glance at eachother. The next thing i knew we were ecstatic with love and laughter and it was if time itself had slowed down especially for us to saver the moment.