Chapter Five

We spent the next few hours exchanging stories from the time we were away from each other, walking through the faded and familiar halls. Being here with Asher made my heart pound. His powerful presence was like nothing I had ever seen before. He had really grown up. During the time I  was away, he began to focus more on becoming what his family and the kingdom wanted, or, well, needed him to be.

"You've changed so much," I look at him as if we were never separated, but I couldn't help but feel at a loss for words. Everything and nothing mattered to me at the moment.

"I've had a lot of time to learn without much distraction. The scrolls, the economy, even the stars have been shown to me. There was a lot I never truly understood until I looked to the stars." He swings his hands together And looks up to the fading blue in the air.

"Oh, if only you could see it; out in Lilliad Plains, you can see practically everything out there!" I look to him warmly. "Have you ever been out to West Eurios?"

"Of course! I've been to almost every part of the border! You'd be surprised how many towns I've been to. I haven't been able to visit Lilliad Plains, though.." Asher looks to ne with an apologetic look. I pat his shoulder and smile at him.

"What else have you learned?"

He then hesitated, and then shook his head. "No, nothing of importance..."

His eyes said otherwise, and I go to call him out when we hear another, deeper and aged voice echo from down the hall.

"Romania, is it?" A man strides to us, and I feel Asher's aura grow cold towards me. "Welcome to the palace. I suppose my son was showing you around."

"Actually," Asher says before I can even part my lips, "She had gotten lost and I was taking her back to Cade's room." I can only nod, fearing what he might do if I correct him. "Might I ask what you're doing around in this wing? It's rare to find you here, father."

Something strange begins to fill the air. Asher stares directly into his father's eyes as what seems to be a silent conversation ensues. I look to his father and examine his features. Unlike Asher, his father had a slightly softer look to him with one golden colored eye while the other was a deep abyss. He was just a head taller than his son, but the rest of his build seemed to be about the same. It's amazing how closely they resemble each other.

"Romania." The silence breaks as Asher turns to me. "I'm afraid we'll have to part ways here. I'll have a maid escort you back; please pardon my sudden departure," he says with a swift movement towards his father.

I hold back a sigh. "No worries."

****

"You seemed to have grown attached to her rather quickly," the old geezer chuckled.

"I was only showing her the way, father..." I shrugged of his pushy romanticism. It was surely nothing but friendship between us.

"I know what desire looks like, Asher. As a father you learn the signs among your children, and you know how royal blood is keen on their senses. You'll understand more when the time comes."

We stand in silence and look out the window, watching the trees sway in the wind. My mind returns to a rumor I heard years ago.

"Is it true that every member of our bloodline has a soulmate?" I look to him with curious eyes.

"That, my son, is baseless. Love is not certain, and fate is undeclared until you die," he turns to me with a warm smile," but I can say this. I knew your mother was the best match for me, and no other woman would ever compare. Not only was she brilliant, she stole my hear away the moment I laid eyes on her an-"

I interject with a sly smile. "Isn't that what a soulmate is? You can't keep secrets very well, father!" He huffs at me and smiles back.

"touche, but I certainly know what I saw back there is what I think it is, so do not doubt me on that."

I'm sure he was lying, I've never done anything to hint any romantic feelings towards Roman.

How ridiculous.

------

Hey!!!!! I apologise for the awful hiatus, but I couldn't think of anything to write. And all of a sudden I have so much inspiration and I was gonna make this chapter super long, but as soon as I ended the chapter, I decided to be evil and made the choice to leave all of these events for later chapters ;3.

Anyways, thank you guys so much for the support, and I really hope I'll make you proud, but Chapter Six and Seven are already underway ;)))))).