FOR ETERNITY

(A/n: sorry for the dark Fiyero in this story but keep in mind while reading that those are not the same Fiyero and Elphaba we are accustomed too either from the musical or the books. They are two different people to whom or favorite characters are reincarnations. And this is how I justify the difference in the pronunciation of their names. Instead of "Tiggular" I'm using the last name "Tigelaar" and instead of "Elphaba" I'm using "Aelphaba".

I don't know if I'll continue writing to see what will happen with our favorite couple if their actions are controlled by ghosts of the past. For the time being this shall remain a very long one shot.

Any criticism will he welcomed unless a comment is incredibly rude. I hope you like it. Please let me know what you think of this story.

Thank you for reading,

Katria

Disclaimer : Wicked the musial, The Wicked Years and the Wizard of Oz do not by any means belong to me.

*********

**The selfish Prince**

*Province of the Vinkus, Kiamo Ko, 1325 Before the Wizard *

The proud horse rose on his back feet, following the orders of its master to stop his wild running in this spit precisely. Ιt received the rewarding caress on its rich brown mane and with a quiet snigger it came to a stop so as to allow the man to came down. It had followed this specific path numerous times in the past few moths so it followed its usual routine and stooped its head so as to spy out the long grass that had grown very bushing at this spot of the mountain.

The man, trusting completely his horse's attitude, left it free beside him and made a few steps towards the edge of the hill. The view in front of him softened for a while his thudding heart. The grand mountains of The Great Kells were almost entirely visible from his peripheral vision, while Kiamo Ko, the place he had grown up, looked like a tiny grey stone beside the imposing wild rock of the mountain. Other places in Oz were similarly beautiful, his heart though belonged in this land- his homeland.

His eyes narrowed. Seeing the exact same view everyday, at the same hour for the past two months, he knew in details how the first morning hours found the citizens of the Vinkus. Men would soon start working at the fields and women would take care of their children and go to the market.

His gaze traveled to the north, where the magnificent castle stood. Build at the times of the first Princess Ozma many centuries ago, it hadn't lost the glamor of its youth and continued serving its purpose. A symbol of power! Centre of authority of the great lords! Watchtower for the localisation of intruders! Prison to the offenders of the law!

His skin shivered underneath his clothes. His fists clunched so tightly that he felt his blood boiling. The golden pin at the shape of an eagle that was holding his cloak suddenly felt so heavy that irritated he unbottoned it to get rid of the cloth. The cold summer breeze that immediately burrowed his silk white shirt made him feel a bit better. It was long short though! Because in a matter of seconds his thoughts followed his gaze and he focused on the small stoney dwelling beside the main tower, where she was held.

The sharp breath he took in order to recuperate, burnt his lungs. His knees started trembling in their poor effort to keep his body standing. Maybe he still had a chance, he thought, feeling the wetness in his eyes getting thicker and thicker. Maybe he could persuade her to admit her wrongs in front of her interogators and save her from the worst of punishments: burning at the stake in less that two days in the central square.

"Aelphaba..." he mumbled in an almost pleading tone as if that mere word was enough for fate to take a different turn and delete recent history.

The horse beside him, feeling its master's inner quarrel, neighed annoyed.