🏜

Sadie glared up at them. At least, Millie thought she was glaring at them because she didn't see many other people standing still, staring straight at the Ferris wheel.

"Crap," Millie uttered.

"What?"

"Sadie's down there staring at us. She's probably going to tell my parents."

"What? Sadie? No way. She doesn't have the guts!"

"Finn! She may not seem like it, but she doesn't like to share. She's been awkward around me ever since I went out with you,"

"Still, she won't. Don't worry Mills!"

Finn turned to her but she kept her gaze on Sadie who was staring back. Sadie was at least 100 meters away but she so easy to see with her bright red hair.

___________________________________________________

"C'mon Millie!" Finn whined. "You're acting like my mom!"

Millie shook her head in disapproval and crossed her arms.

"I just don't think you should be eating the way you are! I mean, you've had 3 hot dogs, 2 funnel cakes, 3 full cups of pop, and a candy apple. That's crazy!"

Finn rolled his eyes as he turned to the cashier at the ice cream stand.

"I'll have one choc- Mills, what do you want?"

"Nothing!"

"C'monnnn,"

"... If you insist. I'll have a cookie dough ice cream."

"You heard her, one cookie dough please!"

The cashier raised one eyebrow. "Anything for you?"

"Nope! I'll be sharing with my lady,"

"Oh my Jesus, Finn. What is with you and eating other people's ice cream?!" Millie joked. Finn smiled. "I only share ice cream with you!"

Millie's face showed disapproval. "Okay, you really need to work on your flirting."

Finn laughed and handed Millie her ice cream. They had only walked two steps when they saw Sadie. She was standing only a few feet away and looked angry.

"Hey..." Millie muttered awkwardly.

Sadie stayed silent.

"What-what's up?" Finn said looking at ground.

"Well, my best friend who I only see once a year is clinging onto some boy she meet at a concert two days ago. So, I'd say I'm not doing too well." Sadie snapped.

Millie sighed. "Sadie, why don't you come with us? We are about to go into the water."

"Hmmm... Sounds fun... Expect, I already went into the water. By myself. An hour ago."

Millie frowned. "I'm so sorry. Why don't we all go now! It'll be fun."

"Yeah. So much fun. I get to sit around and be a third wheel. Fun."

"No, Sadie! Finn and I are more like best friends who like eachother!"

Finn squinted his eyes and cocked his head to Millie. Ouch, He thought.

Sadie grinned, noticing Finn's expression unlike Millie. "Oh really? I don't think Finn feels the same, Millie."

Millie blushed. "Sadie, stop. We invited you to come with us. If you want to, you can, but I'm not going to let you push us around like this,"

Millie and Finn began to walk towards the beach, leaving Sadie standing there with her jaw hanging. She turned around to see the two holding hands. "That's it," She whispered to herself. "I've had enough."

___________________________________________________

"Mom and Dad, I found Finn! Mind if we go down to the water?"

"Of course!"

Millie slipped off her flip-flops and began to take off her coverup. Finn quickly looked away, feeling awkward. Don't look. DON'T look, Finn. If you look then her parent's will see. Don't even look at her in the water. Don't ev-

"Finn? You going to where your shirt into the water?" Millie said, snapping him out of his thoughts. "

Finn looked over at Millie, making sure to look nowhere but her eyes. "No. May I leave it with your parents? It would take a long time to get back to my parents." Millie nodded as Finn pulled his shirt off over his head. Millie's eyes googled all over him as he tried to stay calm.

"Let's go!" Millie exclaimed. They ran down to the water. They were about to put their toes in but Finn slipped. Millie turned back to see him laying like a starfish in the sand. She immediately started to historically laugh. She was laughing so hard, she had to squat to the ground. She slapped the ground continuously. Finn sat up and stared at her. He began to laugh too. He noticed her eyes were closed so he scooped up a pile of wet sand and threw it right at Millie's stomach. The sand went flying until it hit Millie with a thud. She stopped laughing and looked up at Finn.

"Game on," She smirked.

She scooped up a pile of sand and made it into a ball. She pulled her arm back, ready to strike. She arm began to fling forwards but before the sand went flying, a pale hand grabbed her arm. The sand fell in the ground.

"No, Millie. Don't fire back. He's trying to mess with you. He's trying to flirt," It was Sadie.

"What? What are you talking about, Sadie?" Millie questioned her.

"He's flirting. Since you guys are, as you said, more like best friends who like each other, you should not flirt back." Sadie said with a blank face.

Millie rolled her eyes. "Sadie, stop! I don't want you here if you're going to act like this."

"Fine. Finn or me?"

"What?"

"Pick one. Finn or me?"

"Sadie..."

"It's okay. I understand. Some rat you picked up on the street is more important than me."

Finn stood there awkwardly, writing his name in the sand with his big toe. Sadie looked over at him and scuffed. She turned away and walked back up to her parents.

"Sadie, wait!" Millie hollered. She looked devastated.

But Sadie kept walking.

___________________________________________________

Well, it's been a while! Thanks for 800 reads that's just crazy! Leave feedback! Can you guys guess what will happen next?