🚐

"Finn, run!" Millie yelled.
Finn had sat down on the sidewalk, his back against a corporate building. The kitchen man had slowed down too. Once he saw Finn, he walked over.
"What was that?" The kitchen man asked Finn through a thick Long Island accent. Finn was Too out of breath to even acknowledge the man. When Millie saw Finn and the man, she panicked. She abruptly stopped and ran back over to Finn.
"Can you hear me, Kid? What kind of weird ass shit we're doing in my restaurant?" The man yelled.

"Get away." Millie said to the man.

The man turned  around to see Millie. "You." He said through gritted teeth. "What in the hell did you do?" Millie stood still and expressionless. "Leave him." She said sternly.

The man turned back to Finn. "Tell me what's going on?" The man screamed. Heads turned. People went silent. For some reason, the city that never sleeps went silent.

Finn rolled his eyes. "Can you shut up?"

That was the man's last straw. He grabbed Finn by the collar and pulled him up so that they were at eye level. The man pulled back his hand and made it into a fist. Then he swung at Finn.

Right before he hit Finn, Millie cocked her head to the side. The man went flying into the street. Finn fell to the ground.

People gasped and screamed.

Millie grabbed Finn by the hand and looked into his eyes coldly. "Run." She demanded.