Chapter Two: Misery-Slash-Mystery Day

*ring ring ring*

"Not now..." I groaned while I was trying to reach to my alarm clock near my bed. While I turned it off, I sat slowly in my bed while I scratch my eyes and stretch my arms and legs. I fell asleep reading again. Damn these good books. And oh, I left my phone uncharged.

Crap!

I jumped quickly out of my bed and grabbed my charger and plugged it to the nearest outlet and then plugged in into my phone. I still got 30 minutes, more or less, to charge my phone while I leave for school. Oh right, school. I went to the bathroom to get a shower.

••••••

"Raven, breakfast is ready!" My sister Alex shouted.

"Coming." I shouted back. I grabbed my bag, headphones, shoes and phone and saw it has 37% battery life. 'This'll do' I thought to myself. I rushed down to the kitchen and saw giant stacks of pancakes and bacon with a large glasses of orange juice on the table. How tempting!

I saw my dad reading his newspaper and taking a sip from his coffee. "Mornin' Raven. How was your sleep?" My dad asked as he places the newspaper on his lap and looking at me.

"It was fine. Somehow, I feel kinda good." I replied with a small smile and attacking my pancakes and bacons.

"Easy on the food Rav, you might choke." Alex told me. Ever since mom passed away, she's been acting like our mom. And somehow, I like and hate it at the same time.

"Yeah yeah. I'm kinda in a rush." I said with my mouth full of pancakes.

"Disgusting." Alex said while rolling her eyes and putting her headphones on and shouting, "I'm leaving dad. You take care now, and I love you dad."

"Okay Alex. You take care too. Love you too sweetie." Dad replied while waving his hand to Alex.

"Well, I gotta go too dad, I might get late for school. See you later dad." I said while grabbing my keys and my things and went outside.

"Okay Rav. See you later." Dad replied with a weak smile.

I went to my car. It's a gift from my dad and mom. It's a white BMW. We're not that rich and we're also not that poor. I could say we're above average. So, I drove myself to school. "Here goes nothing." I shrugged while I saw the entrance gate of Monte Dale High. It's kinda big and has a wide range of places. I think I could find my own spot during lunch and free time.

••••••

I parked my car and grabbed my things. I locked it and put the keys in my pocket. I plugged in my headphones and listened to a FM Static playlist. I put the hoodie on my head and went to the entrance of the hallway.

Here starts the day of Misery-Slash-Mystery.