Chapter One

NOT EDITED

Chapter One

"Hey Lexi! Do you want to come over for the weekend? We could have a sleepover, we haven't had a sleepover for like forever!" My best friend Jeanette shouted over the phone.

"Sheesh chill woman! Okay! I will come over as long as my parents give me the green light. You know how they are after that incident. They are like super protective and wouldn't let me out of their sight after dark." I sighed in resignation.

"But it wasn't even your fault! And they are punishing you? That is so unfair! It's been years." She whined. I could picture her pout over the phone as she said that.

I sighed before answering, " Yea, well... It was partly my fault. They are just worried and all. I couldn't blame them, I broke my promise anyway. And I lost their trust." I shrugged even though I knew that she can't see me. It was just a habit.

"Ok gal. Call me later to tell me kay?"

"Yea ok. I will as soon as they get home."

I ended the call and put my phone in my pocket while I continued to do my laundry. It was piling up as I did not have much time to clean it due to my busy schedule these few days. Competition is around the corner and Coach had been extra hard on us, making us ran extra rounds and stay back for extra training. I love my CCA, netball but seriously, the training is just too intense. I'm not fat neither am I thin. I have muscles here and there due to netball. Overall I'm quite fit.

I'm not pretty neither am I ugly, I'm average, in my opinion. I have wavy brown hair that flows mid-way to my back. Blue-grey eyes with high cheek bones. I'm not that tall, about a five foot ten or so. I'm not a guy magnet because apparently, I'm not good looking enough with me always wearing jeans and T-shirt. I rarely wear any make-up or skirts because they make me feel uncomfortable. Although I would put a light make-up to highlight my face, but that's it.

And I hate shopping. They just tire me out. I wonder how anyone could shop for four hours straight without stopping. I find shopping a waste of energy and time. Why need so many clothes when you have enough to wear? To me, as long as I have enough then there will not be a need to go near a shopping mall. To Jeanette, it was a big deal! She shop whenever she want! She has a huge walk-in closet that was thrice the size of mine.

Her family is rich and she tends to have a lot of money as her parents do like to spoil her. Me? I'm not rich, but I'm not poor either. I'm just average. My parents are more conservative. They only spend money on the necessaries, like food and stuff. My weekly allowance is only one fourth of what Jeanette received. I'm not complaining. I'm perfectly fine with what I have and I could not ask for more.

At fifteen past ten, my parents finally arrived home. They had bags of groceries in their hands which explained why they were home so late. I helped them unload the groceries and was trying to think if a way to tell them about the sleepover.

I approached the subject slowly by sweet-talking them.

"Hey mom! Hey dad! How was work?"

"It was fine honey." Mom replied tiredly.

"Oh... Then do you want me to heat up the leftovers so that you guys could you know, rest for a while?" It came out as a question and this made my dad raise his eyebrows at me.

"Is there something you want to tell us? Did you do something?" Dad questioned.

"Whut?" I drawled out. "Nope. Why would you think that I did something? I'm a good girl right?" I laughed awkwardly, trying to make them less suspicious.